Amazon Commissions Earned
According to StarTrek.com, The Paramount+ original TV series “Star Trek: Discovery (Season Three)” is officially coming to the Blu-ray Disc format on July 20th via CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. There will be both a standard Blu-ray and a Blu-ray SteelBook release of the third season (pictured above). You can find both versions on Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon. The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The bonus materials set to be included with the Blu-ray release(s) are listed below.
- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 3 – Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props.
- STUNTED – Featuring interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher Maguire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable and executed to perfection.
- BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM (Exclusive) – Sonequa Martin Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.
- KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO – Traditionally the man behind the mask in Discovery, Kenneth Mitchell is unveiled as Aurellio in the third season. Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth’s wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery and what those roles mean to the show.
- BRIDGE BUILDING – Fans have been intrigued by Starship Discovery’s Bridge Crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.
- WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE (Exclusive) – Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.
- DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
- GAG REEL (Exclusive)
You can visit the news story over at StarTrek.com for an exclusive video trailer for the release. Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming Blu-ray release of the third season of the show.