The 2019 film “Captain Marvel” starring Brie Larson, that just hit theaters yesterday, is already rumored to be coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc sometime this Summer, perhaps in June. This rumor comes according to some early retailer alerts going around. The title has not at all been officially announced yet by the studio (Disney). The film, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, features a supporting cast of Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Lashana Lynch, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, and Clark Gregg.
Tech specs and bonus materials, of course, have not yet been detailed. It is known that the 4K release will come in the form of “combo pack” which means that the 4K will get a Blu-ray included and a Digital Copy of the film will be included with each version. There are currently pre-order listings for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions of the film over at retailer Best Buy. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release (pictured below) that is now available for pre-order.
Retailer Target will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film in a limited edition 40-page book style packaging (pictured below). That exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray book is available for pre-order as well over at Target. Lastly, stay tuned for any updates with further detailers regarding these releases.
The 2018 film “Venom” starring Tom Hardy is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on December 18th via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, co-stars Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, Reid Scott, Jenny Slate, Melora Walters, and Woody Harrelson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the upcoming release, the cover art for the Blu-ray release, cover art for the two Steelbooks, and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
The first three films in the “X-Men” film franchise will be getting released in the form of the “X-Men 3-Film Collection“ on the 4K UHD Blu-ray format on September 25th via Fox, according to retailer listings. The title has not yet officially been announced by the studio, so we don’t have any specific tech specs to go on here. It’s worth noting that this joins the three latter “X-Men” films already available on the format, also released bundled together, but also separately. No word yet on if these will receive individual releases, like the latter films, anytime soon or not.
The release will be a 6-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Discs of the three films also included, along with a Digital Copy of each film. The three films included in this set are “X-Men” (2000), “X2: X-Men United” (2003) – both directed by Bryan Singer – and “X-Men: The Last Stand” (2006) directed by Brett Ratner. The 4K set is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. UPDATE: This title is now available for PRE-ORDER also over at Best Buy, again with the cover art I originally featured.
EDITORIAL NOTE: The artwork (pictured above) comes from UK retailer HMV, and is of the UK version. However, it could be what we see here stateside. [CONFIRMED]
The 2018 sequel “Deadpool 2” starring Ryan Reynolds is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 21st via Fox Home Entertainment.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray Disc release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. A “Super Duper Cut” (extended UNRATED cut) of the film, with an additional 15 minutes will be included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc now at Amazon. It’s also going to be available in an exclusive Steelbook on both formats over at Best Buy, where you’ll find the PRE-ORDER links to the 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook and Blu-ray Disc Steelbook.
The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” including a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film. The Blu-ray Disc version will include a Digital Copy of the film.
Further below, after the break, you’ll find a list of bonus materials set to be included on both releases.
Our friend Bill Hunt over at The Digital Bits has pointed out that some early retailer alerts are seeming to indicate release dates on two pretty big superhero films (in theaters now). Those two films are “Deadpool 2” (from Fox) and “Avengers: Infinity War” (from Disney).
“Deadpool 2” starring Ryan Reynolds is slated for a RUMORED August 21st release on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc. “Deadpool 2” is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon on 4K and Blu-ray. The release also will receive Steelbook packaging versions of the releases EXCLUSIVELY over at retailer Best Buy. Those pre-orders are up for both the 4K Steelbook and Blu-ray Disc Steelbook over there.
“Avengers: Infinity War” starring pretty much the ‘Marvel Cinematic Universe‘ is slated for a RUMORED August 14th release on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update. This also will receive Steelbook packaging EXCLUSIVELY for the 4K UHD Blu-ray version over at retailer Best Buy. The pre-order is up for both the 4K Steelbook over there.
As always with anything we deem as a RUMOR, you should only ‘take it with a grain of salt‘ so-to-speak until we receive the official announcements from the respective studios (Fox & Disney).