The 2001 film “The Last Castle” will finally be making its Blu-ray Disc debut on May 25th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The tech specs for the release and bonus materials have yet to be detailed but stay tuned for an update on that. This news comes confirmed via Justin Beahm who worked on the bonus materials for this release with his Reverend Entertainment and discussed the privilege it was to work on the release today on his site. The film, directed by Rod Lurie, starred Robert Redford, James Gandolfini, Mark Ruffalo, and Delroy Lindo. You can now find the Blu-ray listed as available to preorder over at Amazon.
Tag Archives: Mark Ruffalo
The 2004 Michael Mann directed film “Collateral“ starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 8th via Paramount. The film co-starred Jada Pinkett Smith, Mark Ruffalo, Peter Berg, Bruce McGill, Javier Bardem, Irma P. Hall, and Barry Shabaka Henley.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K remaster that was done “under the supervision of the director” [Michael Mann]. No specific details yet regarding the audio format or configuration on this release, but I have put in an inquiry directly to the studio (Paramount) about this and I hope to hear back and provide you all with an update soon.
This release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with a Blu-ray Disc counterpart (in this case: “remastered, offering an exceptional viewing experience”) and digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary by Director Michael Mann
- City of Night: The Making of Collateral
- Special Delivery
- Deleted Scene with Commentary
- Shooting on Location: Annie’s Office
- Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx Rehearse
- Visual FX: MTA Train
Below, after the break, you can find the full information regarding the announcement of this upcoming 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film.
The 2019 film “Dark Waters“ starring Mark Ruffalo is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 3rd via Universal. The film, based on a true story & directed by Todd Haynes, co-stars Anne Hathaway, Tim Robbins, and Bill Pullman. This movie has received much critical acclaim during its theatrical run and as a result, at the time of writing, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound on a BD-50 (50 gigabyte dual-layered Blu-ray Disc). The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD counterpart being included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Uncovering Dark Waters
- The Cost of Being a Hero
- The Real People
The 2010 Martin Scorsese directed film “Shutter Island“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on February 11th, 2020 via Paramount – to celebrate its 10th anniversary – in a limited edition SteelBook. The film starred Leonardo DiCaprio, Emily Mortimer, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Max von Sydow, and Michelle Williams. UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include 4K video the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of HDR (high dynamic range) as well as DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials on this release will be identical to those found on the 2010 Blu-ray release of the film. In fact, the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc counterpart of the film set to be included.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming 4K physical release of the film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.