Tag Archives: Marc McClure
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1978 Robert Zemeckis directed film “I Wanna Hold Your Hand“ is finally getting a Blu-ray Disc release on March 26th, via The Criterion Collection. The film, co-wrote by Bob Gale and produced by Steven Spielberg, featured a story involving teenagers traveling to see the legendary performance by The Beatles on “The Ed Sullivan Show” taping. The cast included Nancy Allen, Bobby Di Cicco, Marc McClure, Susan Kendall Newman, Theresa Saldana, Wendie Jo Sperber, and Eddie Deezen.
The film has received a new 4K restoration, that was approved by both the director (Zemeckis) and co-writer (Bob Gale). Tech specs include 1080p in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title on Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials (and specific details regarding the restoration) are listed below.
- New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Robert Zemeckis and cowriter Bob Gale, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation among Zemeckis, Gale, and executive producer Steven Spielberg
- New interview with actors Nancy Allen and Marc McClure
- Audio commentary from 2004 featuring Zemeckis and Gale
- The Lift (1972) and A Field of Honor (1973), two early short films by Zemeckis
- Trailer and radio spots
- PLUS: An essay by critic Scott Tobias
- New cover by Manansseh Johnson
The 1984 film adaptation of DC Comics‘ “Supergirl” starring Helen Slater and Faye Dunaway is coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 24th, in a limited release via the Warner Archive Collection. You already can PRE-ORDER the title either over at Amazon or directly from Warner. This release obviously comes from Warner Brothers. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but you can for sure expect full 1080p HD video, no clue if it will be presented in the original theatrical 2.35:1 aspect ratio or not, and also no clue yet what sound format it will be presented in. Stay tuned for a possible update.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release, are listed below.
- Brand New Remastered Version of International Theatrical Cut (124 min.)
- Extended Cut (“Director’s Cut“) of the film in standard definition only, on DVD
- The Making of Supergirl – vintage documentary
- Audio Commentary by Director Jeannot Szwarc and Special Project Consultant Michael Bosco
- Original Theatrical Trailer