The 2001 Robert Altman directed film “Gosford Park“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 27th via Arrow Academy – a label of Arrow Video. This film won an Academy Award for best Screenplay, and its star-studded cast featured Alan Bates, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Northam, Bob Balaban, Charles Dance, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Maggie Smith, Emily Watson, and Ryan Phillippe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video from a brand new 2K restoration (and a 4K scan) with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This new restoration was “supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn” according to Arrow Academy. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. A list of details regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included can be found below.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan, carried out by Arrow films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Robert Altman, production designer Stephen Altman and producer David Levy
- Audio commentary by writer-producer Julian Fellowes
- Brand-new audio commentary by critics Geoff Andrew and David Thompson (author of Altman on Altman)
- Introduction by critic Geoff Andrew
- Brand new cast and crew interviews recorded exclusively for this release
- The Making of Gosford Park archive featurette
- Keeping Gosford Park Authentic archive featurette
- Q&A Session with Altman and the cast
- Fifteen deleted scenes with optional Altman commentary
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Sheila O’Malley and an archive interview with Robert Altman
The 1976 Neil Simon written film “Murder By Death” featuring a star-studded cast is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 18th via Shout! Factory (on the Shout Select label). The title’s technical specifications have not fully been detailed aside from including full 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio, with no indication of what sound format or mix – although, I’d speculate that it will be a lossless Stereo mix, considering it theatrically had a Mono mix. The film, directed by Robert Moore, included a cast of Peter Falk, Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, Eileen Brennan, Truman Capote, Elsa Lanchester, David Niven, Maggie Smith, and James Cromwell. Bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, as the title was just announced in the past hour via the distributor on their social media accounts. The title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, but you can pre-order it directly from the Shout! Factory store – where you’ll get it shipped two weeks early (ahead of the release date). Stay tuned for further details regarding this release.
The 1991 Steven Spielberg directed film “Hook“ starring Robin Williams is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 9th via Sony. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range (in a transfer approved by Spielberg) and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. UPDATE: The film on 4K is available to PRE-ORDER now both at over Amazon and Best Buy.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release include:
- ALL-NEW: 11 Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
The release will also include the previous bonus materials from the Blu-ray Disc release. Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
If you manage to be looking around Amazon‘s French site using something like Google Translate (or speak French) you might have noticed that they are listing something very cool coming to the 4K UHD Blu-ray format there, and very likely is coming here (Stateside) later this year. Now, keep in mind that this is only a RUMOR at this point, but it would seem that the 1991 Steven Spielberg directed film “Hook” starring the late Robin Williams is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray (there in France) on November 7th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. No further info, cover art, or anything is really available now at this point in time. The story will be updated when it develops any further. I’d speculate personally that we could see this sometime before or around the holiday season, here in the United States (and Canada).
EDITORIAL NOTE: As with all RUMORS reported here on the site, I always suggest you take these with a “grain of salt” so-to-speak, and remind you that you should wait until you see us or the studio directly issue an announcement regarding the release to take it as 100% factual. Lastly, thanks to our reader Jason for this news tip via Twitter.