BBC Studios (distributed stateside by Warner) has officially announced plans to bring “Doctor Who: Tom Baker – Complete Season One” 6-disc set for Blu-ray Disc release on June 19th. That means the FOURTH “Doctor,” Tom Baker will come to HD finally. One would expect with the latter seasons to follow, as he was the ‘Doctor‘ for ten years (1974 – 1984). Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a possible update on that. The release is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials for the release are set to include a whopping 17 hours of content which you’ll find detailed below.
- Tom Baker in Conversation: A candid new one-hour interview with the Fourth Doctor.
- Behind the Sofa: Classic clips from Season 12, viewed by Doctor Who actors Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Janet Fielding, and Sarah Sutton, producer Philip Hinchcliffe, and Sadie Miller, daughter of the late Elisabeth Sladen.
- New Making-of Documentaries for The Sontaran Experiment and Revenge Of The Cybermen.
- Immersive 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes for The Ark In Space and Genesis Of The Daleks.
- Optional Brand New Updated Special Effects for Revenge Of The Cybermen.
- Genesis of The Daleks– Omnibus Movie Version, unseen since its broadcast in 1975.
- The Tom Baker Years: A 1991 special showcasing highlights from the Fourth Doctor’s run, available on disc for the first time.
- And much, much more
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.