Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 animated film “Encanto” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 8th, 2022 via Disney. The film, co-directed by Jared Bush, Byron Howard, and Charise Castro Smith, features songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda and the voice talents of Stephanie Beatriz, María Cecilia Botero, Diane Guerrero, Angie Cepeda, John Leguizamo, Mauro Castillo, Jessica Darrow, Carolina Gaitan, and Wilmer Valderrama. It’s worth noting, that at the time of writing, this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and both including a digital code (copy) of the film. You cannot yet find either the 4K UHD Blu-ray or the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon or any other retailers. Speaking of which, there’s no word yet on if there will be any retailer exclusive (as usual for Disney films) for this. Stay tuned for updates. The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Sing Along with the Movie – Sing along with your favorite songs with on-screen lyrics as you watch the movie.
- Familia Lo Es Todo – Members of the Disney Animation “Familia” cultural trust share real-life experiences in this exploration of the lovable Madrigal family members. We learn what inspired each character, and about how the artists’ designs bring realism to their personalities.
- Discover Colombia – The filmmaking team discusses how the multiple cultures, biodiversity and vibrant colors of Colombia are expressed in Encanto. They describe how satisfying it was to fully celebrate this beautiful country and support the theme of magical realism.
- A Journey Through Music – The filmmakers invite us to discover how each character came to be represented musically. We follow the creation of Encanto’s Colombian-inspired music, featuring Lin-Manuel Miranda’s songs and Germaine Franco’s score, from concept to final recording.
- Let’s Talk About Bruno – Learn how the song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” with its intriguing undertones, was created. Discover the extensive collaboration between Lin-Manuel Miranda, choreographer Jamal Sims, the voice cast and animators in bringing it to the screen.
- Our Casita – La Casa Madrigal is alive with magic, and its emotional state is affected by other family members. From its colorful doors to its fine stonework, the magical house was designed using principles of Colombian tradition.
- Outtakes – From the thrill of “nailing” a take in the presence of an entertainment industry icon to the hilarity of losing a wrestling match with tongue-twisting dialogue, join the cast for some good-natured fun from behind the microphone.
- Journey to Colombia – With the help of the Colombian Cultural Trust, a dedicated team of consultants, the filmmakers of Encanto embark on a journey of discovery to learn more about Colombia and how best to reflect the country’s cultures and environments on the big screen.
- An Introduction to Far From the Tree – Writer and director Natalie Nourigat introduces the Walt Disney Animation Studios short film Far From the Tree.
- Far From the Tree – Parenting is hard, especially when curiosity tugs at a young raccoon whose parent tries to keep them both safe. In the Walt Disney Animation Studios short Far From the Tree, this youngster learns to live with an open heart… even as danger lurks.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Heads of Story Jason Hand and Nancy Kruse present four scenes not seen in the film’s release, but were part of the journey toward the final version of the story.
- Chores! – Abuela has sent most of the family to town on various assignments that bring them acclaim, while Mirabel, her father and uncle are asked to clean the house.
- Another Way In – Mirabel attempts to understand a clue found in her uncle’s vision. To make this happen, she must go through Antonio’s room, where adventures unfold.
- Isabela Goes Into the Woods – When Mirabel sees her sister head for apparent danger in the woods, she races to save her, and encounters the surprise of a lifetime!
- Back to the Mural – Feeling rejected, Mirabel goes back to town. Abuela seeks her out and reveals a part of her personality that her granddaughter has never seen.
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics.
- The Family Madrigal
- Colombia, Mi Encanto
- Waiting on a Miracle
- Surface Pressure
- We Don’t Talk About Bruno
- What Else Can I Do
- Dos Oruguitas
- All of You
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and further details about the home video release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “In the Heights” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 31st, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, produced by and based on a musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda and directed by Jon M. Chu, stars Anthony Ramos, Corey Hawkins, Leslie Grace, Melissa Barrera, Olga Merediz, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Gregory Diaz IV, Stephanie Beatriz, Dascha Polanco, and Jimmy Smits. The film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes with a 95% rating, at the time of writing.
UPDATE #1: The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart. Both releases will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE #2: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K and Blu-ray physical releases are listed below.
- Paciencia y Fe: Making in the Heights
- Paciencia y Fe: When You’re Home
- Paciencia y Fe: Hundreds of Stories
- Paciencia y Fe: Alza La Bandera/Raise the Flag
- Paciencia y Fe: Wepa!
- Paciencia y Fe: That Music in the Air
- Paciencia y Fe: Who Keeps our Legacies
- In the Heights Sing-a-long
- 96,000 Sing-a-long
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full details regarding the home video releases of this film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The HBO original series “His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 29th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The fantasy TV series features a cast of Dafne Keen, Amir Wilson, Kit Connor, Ruth Wilson, Ariyon Bakare, Andrew Scott, Will Keen, Ruta Gedmintas, and Lin-Manuel Miranda. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound, on two BD-50 discs. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the second season. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Noble Rogue: The Legend of Lee Scoresby (Exclusive to Blu-ray and DVD) his documentary will explore the DNA of Lee Scoresby’s character (Lin-Manuel Miranda) and the aspects of the cowboy, outlaw or rogue, who through bravery, loyalty, and rebelliousness are willing to stick up for the underdog and fight for justice.
- Exploring His Dark Materials: Panserbjørne
- Exploring His Dark Materials: Daemons
- Exploring His Dark Materials: Portals & The Multiverse
- Exploring His Dark Materials: Witches
- His Dark Materials: Bringing Daemons and Bears to Life
- His Dark Materials: Exploring Cittàgazze
- His Dark Materials: Worlds Collide
- The Powerful Mrs. Coulter
- The Subtle Knife
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video release of the second season of this TV series.
The 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” starring Emily Blunt is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Disney. The film, directed by Rob Marshall & nominated for 4 Oscars, co-stars Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Colin Firth. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order over at Best Buy, but only the Blu-ray is currently listed on Amazon. Stay tuned for an update on that. There will be a Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can pre-order now and find pictured below.
Both releases will include the following bonus materials.
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca. [Digital Exclusive]
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for these upcoming releases.