Both of The Wachowskis‘ 2003 sequels “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions“ starring Keanu Reeves are coming INDIVIDUALLY to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 2nd via Warner. This news comes in an early alert to retailers, namely Amazon. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed, but you can likely expect them to be identical to the first film (already available on 4K). Still, stay tuned for official word on all that. The two films are both available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Click on their titles or artwork above for links.
The Wachowskis‘ “The Matrix Trilogy” starring Keanu Reeves is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 2nd via Warner. This news comes in an early alert to retailers. The box set will include the following films:
- “The Matrix” (1999)
- “Matrix Reloaded” (2003) – NEW to 4K!
- “Matrix Revolutions” (2003) – NEW to 4K!
Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed, but if the first film (already available on 4K) is any indication, I’d say you can expect the two sequels to get Dolby Vision, HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. This has not yet been announced (rather confirmed). As you’ll notice on the cover art it only states HDR, with no indication of Dolby Vision. However, Warner never indicates that on that part. Just worth pointing out. “The Matrix Trilogy“ on 4K UHD Blu-ray is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon, but not yet at Best Buy. Lastly, be sure to check out our review of the first film, “The Matrix“ (as mentioned) already available on 4K. Stay tuned for official announcements regarding this box set.
UPDATE: These films will be released individually on 4K UHD Blu-ray in both standard and Steelbook packaging. Info about the standard individual releases can be found HERE, and information about the Best Buy Exclusive Steelbooks can be found HERE.
Olive Films has plans to bring the 1996 film “Bound“ starring Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly, to Blu-ray Disc in a Olive Signature release on August 28th. The film was written and directed by The Wachowskis (of “Matrix” fame). Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Stereo sound, although not yet specified in what format. The release has received a “new High-Definition digital restoration” according to the official announcement. A PRE-ORDER listing is available now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio commentary with writers/directors The Wachowskis; actors Joe Pantoliano, Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon; film editor Zach Staenberg; and technical consultant Susie Bright
- “Part and Parcel” – with titles designer Patti Podesta
- “The Difference Between You and Me” – with B. Ruby Rich and Jen Moorman
- “Here’s Johnny!” – with Christopher Meloni
- “Hail Ceasar” – with Joe Pantoliano
- “Femme Fatales” – with Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly
- “Modern Noir: The Sights & Sounds of Bound” – with cinematographer Bill Pope, editor Zach Staenberg, and composer Don Davis
- Theatrical Trailer
- Essay by Guinevere Turner
Lastly, it’s very much worth noting that this will be a limited pressing of only 3,500 units – as stated by Olive Films.