Prequel The King’s Man on 4K and Blu-ray in February
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 prequel “The King’s Man” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on February 22nd via 20th Century Studios (Disney). The film, co-written and directed by Matthew Vaughn, stars Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance. This film is a prequel to the films “Kingsman: The Secret Service” (2014) and “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” (2016).
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in 2.39:1 and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K release of the film will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray counterpart. Both the 4K and Blu-ray versions will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over retailers Best Buy and Target. It’s also worth noting that retailers will have some 4K UHD Blu-ray exclusives for this, with Best Buy getting a three-movie “The Kingsman Collection” SteelBook set (pictured below), while retailer Target will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray “Gallery Book” packaging for “The King’s Man” (pictured a bit below), and finally retailer Walmart will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray for the film with different artwork on the slipcover (pictured further below). All of these retailer exclusives, with the exception of the Walmart one, are available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the latter one.
The bonus materials set to be included with the 4K and Blu-ray releases of the film are listed below.
- The King’s Man: The Great Game Begins Documentary
- A Generation Lost – Discover how the filmmakers created a richly textured story that explores the origins of the Kingsman spy organization.
- Oxfords and Rogues – Meet the phenomenal new cast of characters Matthew Vaughn has assembled.
- All the World’s a Stage – Delve into the meticulous world-building of THE KING’S MAN with interviews, on-location footage, artwork, and details of on-set construction and design.
- Instruments of War – Experience the analog spy tech and early 20th century weaponry utilized in THE KING’S MAN and see a breakdown of the precise execution and evolution of the major stunts and combat in the film.
- Fortune Favors the Bold – Join Matthew Vaughn and his team for music scoring and sound design.
- Long Live the Kingsman – Cast and crew reveal their thoughts about their collective journey through the very special experience of making THE KING’S MAN.
- No Man’s Land – Experience the creative process behind the harrowing knife battle sequence in several stages: rehearsals, storyboards, interviews and on-set footage, culminating with the atmospheric VFX.
- Remembrance and Finding Purpose – Learn about amazing organizations such as The Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes, two U.K.-based resources for recovery, well-being and employment for military veterans. Also hear why Matthew Vaughn strongly supports their mission.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.