BREAKING NEWS: announced at San Diego Comic-Con
The 1999 animated TV series “Batman Beyond” is getting a “Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Deluxe Limited Edition)“ Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Warner. The 6-disc set will include all 52 episodes, spanning across three seasons from 1999 through 2001. Out of those 52 episodes, it has been said that “41 have been fully-remastered from either their original 35mm film source or the uncommon format “OCND,” the original camera negative digital (a digital scan of original negative).” The release will also include the 2000 animated feature-length film “Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker” in a Director’s Cut that has been fully remastered. The exact tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can expect 1080p HD video in the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. Stay tuned for more info regarding the sound configuration and format that the episodes and film will be presented in.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order listing for this Blu-ray set over at Amazon as well as directly over at WBShop. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set be included on this release, in addition to the exclusive Funko Pop! figurine, after a nice look at the contents of the set.
- Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering (All-New Featurette) – Many of Batman Beyond’s core production team and actors gather for an enthralling roundtable discussion of the evolution and execution of the animated series. Join producers Bruce Timm and Glenn Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, director James Tucker, writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz, and stars Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle as they take a wildly entertaining trip down memory lane.
- Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Dark Knight’s 80 years of crime-fighting, narrated by storytellers of the past, present, and future.
- “Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (Featurette) – Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the young hero as he mentors a new Dark Knight for modern times.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Feature-Length Film) – The beloved hit animated film from 2000 is included in the box set – fully remastered for your enjoyment.
- Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for four key episodes: “Rebirth, Part 1”; “Shriek”; “Splicers”; and “The Eggbaby.”
- Featurettes – A dozen inside looks at the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.
HERE you can find a video on YouTube (via IGN), shown today exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. This promotional clip shows side-by-side comparisons of the original footage and this newly restored footage from the episodes.
Further below, after the break, you can find some further information about this upcoming Blu-ray set from a press release issued earlier today.
The 2019 DC Universe animated movie “Justice League vs. The Fatal Five” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 16th, via Warner. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio featuring Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and presumably DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound – although not specifically confirmed. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and each getting a Digital Copy (compatible with Movies Anywhere). The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Battling the Invisible Menace (Featurette)– This featurette will explore the nuanced hero as many characters must deal with the everyday feelings of anxiety, depression, and other incapacitating emotions that we all must battle and overcome.
- Justice League vs. Fatal Five: Unity of Hero (Featurette) – A look at how the pantheon of DC heroes has never been more diverse and inclusive, as writers and artists break boundaries and smash stereotypes.
- Audio Commentary – Bruce Timm, Sam Liu, Jim Krieg and Eric Carrasco share their thoughts and insights on Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Batman: Hush – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League Dark – John Constantine leads a group of misfit characters that use magic to vanquish their opponents. This is the dark version of The Justice League taking on the malevolent forces that go beyond our plane of existence.
- Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League vs. Teen Titans – A glimpse into the characters known as the Teen Titans.
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Far From Home”
- From the DC Vault: Legion of Superheroes, “Man of Tomorrow”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer, Blu-ray Disc artwork and the full announcement regarding these upcoming releases of this movie.
Today Warner officially announced that the upcoming (previously announced) release of “Batman: The Complete Animated Series“ Deluxe Limited Edition on Blu-ray Disc has been pushed back two weeks, now slated to come out on October 30th. The original details on the release were reported but I’m going to go back over them as some things have changed and a new press release has been issued. It’s also not just the release date changing for this release either, as another change comes in that a Digital Copy of the entire series has now been added to the release.
Also today the studio (Warner) released a promotional video showing the restored footage of the opening title sequence from the show, that you can find further below (or directly on YouTube).
The series is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now with a reduced price from its suggested retail. The “deluxe limited edition” packaging here includes three collectible Funko Pop! figurines of “Batman”, “Harley Quinn”, and “The Joker” (as pictured). Also included are seven lenticular art cards, and the 12-disc set is “housed in a stunning layflat-book with a dazzling slipcase” – according to the studio.
Tech specs for the release have still not been fully detailed but I have reached out to get those. You can find the new video of the restored opening titles, info regarding the contents, and bonus materials set to be included on the box set further below, after the break, in the form of the official announcement from today.
The 2014 DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Assault on Arkham“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on September 11th via Warner. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K version is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray (with nothing new), and are listed below.
- Audio Commentary
- The Joker’s Queen: Harley Quinn
- Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Sneak Peek
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Justice League Unlimited, “Task Force X”
- Young Justice, “Infiltrator”
- Batman: The Brave the Bold, “Emperor Joker”
- The Batman, “Two of a Kind”
It’s also worth noting to fans that another DC Universe animated movie, “Batman: The Killing Joke“, will be released the same day. Finally, below after the break you can find the original trailer for the film.
This weekend at the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) we got news that the 1992 original “Batman: The Complete Animated Series” has been restored and is headed to Blu-ray Disc later this year. The exact release date is October 30th, and it’s going to be one really impressive box set, dubbed the “Deluxe Limited Edition” on Blu-ray from the folks at Warner. Here’s some rundown of the set. First off it has received restored HD video in full 1080p, and is presented in the original 1.33:1 (4×3) aspect ratio. The release will cover the span of the entire 85 episodes, 4 seasons total of the show itself, as well as include the two films. This box set is already up and available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. This story is developing more, so I’ll be updating it more with more news as we get it.
LATEST UPDATE: The release date has now been pushed back from the original (10/16) date to now coming out on October 30th – as reported.
ORIGINAL UPDATE: First off a hi-res image of the packaging and contents has been released and can be found below. Click for a larger view.
Next, a press release has been issued and we now officially know that the following bonus materials will be included on the release as detailed below after the break, as they are extremely lengthy and detailed. Enjoy!
The 2016 DC Universe original animated film “Batman: The Killing Joke” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 11th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed. The bonus materials should be pretty much identical to the previous (2016) Blu-ray release. However, stay tuned for any updates regarding this release. The 4K will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. This now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.