The 2019 live-action adaptation of “The Lion King” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Disney. The film, directed by Jon Favreau, features the voice talents of Donald Glover, Beyonce, Seth Rogen, John Oliver, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, John Kani, Keegan-Michael Key, Eric Andre, and Billy Eichner. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specifications for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart (including extras), the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc of the film are now both available for preorder over at Amazon. There also will be a 4K Steelbook (pictured below) exclusive to retailer Best Buy, which you can also find available for preorder. In addition to that, retailer Target will be getting the typical exclusive Story Book (pictured below) style packaging that you can find up for preorder as well.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Perfecting the Pride – Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.” From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.
- Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land and its inhabitants.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- The Journey to “The Lion King” –
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride –Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding those upcoming releases of the film.
The 2019 Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 8th via Disney. The film, directed by Josh Cooley, features the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Joan Cusack, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, and Keanu Reeves. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p UHD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for Amazon pre-order listings when those go live. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life. [Digital Exclusive]
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime [Digital Exclusive]
It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for pre-order.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming release of the film.
The 2018 film “The Predator” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 18th via Fox. The film, directed by Shane Black, features a cast of Boyd Holbrook, Trevante Rhodes, Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Olivia Munn, Sterling K. Brown, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen, Augusto Aguilera, and Jake Busey.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The Blu-ray tech specs include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both versions are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- A Touch of Black
- Predator Evolution
- The Takedown Team
- Predator Catch-Up
It’s also worth noting that there will be an Exclusive Steelbook available for the 4K release over at Best Buy. Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for the home video releases of this film – including a new bundled box set called “Predator 4-Movie Collection” that is coming to both 4K and Blu-ray on the exact same date.
In an early alert to retailers we’ve got an indication when to expect the new 2018 Shane Black directed film “The Predator” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc, and that is sometime this winter (before the year end) via Fox Home Entertainment. This isn’t even a rumor, it’s stated in the working (not final) cover art pictured above. The film just hit theaters today, so go out and give it a watch tonight. No information yet regarding the technical specs or bonus materials for either the 4K or Blu-ray releases. I’d personally speculate you’ll see this get a December release, but stay tuned for any rumors or official update on the exact release date.
It is known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film (pictured below). You can PRE-ORDER this 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook now over at Best Buy. Again, no exact release date has been announced (yet). You can also PRE-ORDER the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions of the film over at retailer Best Buy. Lastly, it’s worth noting that Amazon and other retailers don’t seem to be listing it yet. Below, after the break, you can find the artwork (perhaps not finalized) for the 4K Steelbook and Blu-ray versions of the film.
The 2018 CG animated sequel “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via Sony, according to an early retailer alert. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will come in the form of a “Monster Party Edition” (as the artwork suggests). The releases will also come as a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, Blu-ray getting a DVD and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included. Tech specs have not yet been detailed, and the only bonus materials we know about so far are the 2 Mini-Movies (mentioned on the art). Stay tuned for further updates once the studio (Sony) officially announces this title.
The animated film, directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, features the voice talents of the following: Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade, Keegan-Michael Key, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Parnell, Joe Jonas, and Chrissy Teigen.
You can already find PRE-ORDER listings for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc of the film over at Amazon. Also, there are placeholder pages over at Best Buy for both the 4K and Blu-ray – where you’ll find that 10/9 release date. Lastly, speaking of Best Buy, it’s worth noting that it appears they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the Blu-ray release of the film. That Steelbook, along with the Blu-ray Disc art, can be found further below after the break.