Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2022 Marvel Studios sequel “Thor: Love and Thunder” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 27th via Disney, according to retailers. The film, directed by Taika Waititi, stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, Tessa Thompson, Russell Crowe, Chris Pratt, Jaimie Alexander, Dave Bautista, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, and the director himself (Taika Waititi).
The 4K UHD Blu-ray tech specs include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases will each include a digital code (copy) of the film which is compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases available for preorder now over at Amazon. It is most certainly also worth noting that there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook exclusive to retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- “Hammer-Worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor” – Chris Hemsworth And Natalie Portman Describe How They Became The Unstoppable Thor And Mighty Thor.
- “Shaping A Villain” – Discover Christian Bale’s Process Of Bringing Gorr The God Butcher To Life.
- “Another Classic Taika Adventure” – Follow Taika Waititi’s Unique Filmmaking Journey Once He Took Over The Thor Franchise.
- Audio Commentary – View The Film Director Taika Waititi — And Two Special Guests.
- Gag Reel – Catch Some Fun Outtakes With The Cast And Crew.
- Deleted Scenes
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2019 computer-animated film “Spies in Disguise” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 10th, via Fox. The film, co-directed by Nick Bruno & Troy Quane, featured the voice talents Will Smith, Tom Holland, Reba McEntire, Rashida Jones, Masi Oka, Ben Mendelsohn, Karen Gillan, and DJ Khaled. At the time of writing, this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K include video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon, but the Blu-ray Disc is not yet listed, so stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Super Secret Spy Mode
- Infiltrating Blue Sky Studios
- The Top Secret Guide to Gadgets
- “Then There Were Two” Music Video
- “Freak of Nature” Music Video
- Making the Soundtrack “Then There Were Two”
- Making the Soundtrack “Freak of Nature”
- “Lunch Break”*
- Color Keys and Moment Paintings
- Character Designs
- Props and Gadgets Concept Art
*Available on Digital Only
It’s certainly worth noting that there will be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) available of this film over at retailer Best Buy, now available for preorder.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2019 sequel “Jumanji: The Next Level” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on March 17th via Sony. The film, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Colin Hanks, and Rhys Darby. The tech specs for the 4K release will be IMAX Enhanced including 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned and I’ll update this when Sony gets me the info. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now both available for preorder over at Amazon. It is also worth noting that there will be a bundled “2-Movie Collection” Blu-ray Disc set coming out – featuring the first film: “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (2017). Plus, there’s going to be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) exclusive to retailer Best Buy.
The bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- “Rhys Darby Wants To Jingle”: How do you top Jack Black and Nick Jonas’s unforgettable theme song for the first one? Everyone’s favorite Non Player Character, Rhys Darby is ready to take it to the next, next level.
- “Body Swapping: Snapping Into Character”: “In the latest Jumanji adventure, the avatar roles are turned on their heads with new characters and hilarious performances.”
- “Back Together: Reuniting the Cast”: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black are back and better than ever as they share their excitement to reunite.
- “Level Up: Making Jumanji: The Next Level”: From breathtaking scenery, wild adventure, new characters and more- go behind the scenes with the cast and crew as they take Jumanji to the Next Level.
- “Scene Breakdown: Ostrich Chase”: Jump in your dune buggy and go inside the epic ostrich chase scene as the filmmakers and visual effects team breakdown the creation of this memorable scene.
- “Scene Breakdown: Mandrill Bridges”: Moving rope bridges, giant mandrills and incredible stunt work make the mandrills attack one of the most adrenaline pack parts of this film. In this scene breakdown, see how they pulled it off.
- “Awkwafina Cat Burglar”: To prepare for her roles as pickpocket, Ming Fleetwood, superstar Awkwafina got a little too method behind the scenes.
- “NPC Confessions: Jurgen The Brutal”: Being the bad guy isn’t all glory. Jurgen The Brutal gets real in this candid confessional.
- “Grow Up:” Danny DeVito and Danny Glover help Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart get in touch with their inner grumpy old men.
- “Telenovela”: Kevin Hart gets lost in translation in this melodramatic promo.
- “VFX Pre-Vis: Zeppelin Battle”: Compare the detail of the visual effects pre visualization reel and the final picture breakdown of the thrilling Zeppelin battle.
- “VFX Pre-Vis: Ostrich Chase”: Track the progression from pre-visualization to finished scene in a side by side comparison of the ostrich chase.
- AR GAME: The 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD include a collectible map that is fully interactive, employing Augmented Reality to bring Jumanji to life through a smart phone, allowing users to create their own 8-bit Avatar, navigate a series of mini games and much more!
Further below, after the break, you can find some videos in promotion for the home video release, as well as the full details from the announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2014 Marvel Studios film “Guardians of the Galaxy“ appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Marvel (Disney), according to multiple retailer listings. The film, part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” and directed by James Gunn, starred Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, and Sean Gunn. It also featured the voice talents of Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook release of the film (pictured below) which is available for pre-order as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will be identical to those found on the previous Blu-ray, as they actually use that disc for the extras. No new extras will be included on this 4K release.
EDITORIAL NOTE: First off, these screenshots may contain possible “spoilers” – so, be prepared. Secondly, the links to PRE-ORDER this on all formats are over at Best Buy, because
another retailer apparently doesn’t want to take your money. No joke. They have neither version of the film available for pre-order, at time of writing this. I have to have somewhere to send my readers to purchase the film.
Disney has now officially announced plans to bring the 2018 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Infinity War” to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 14th. Tech specs for the releases are as follows: the 4K UHD Blu-ray will receive Dolby Atmos sound and the Blu-ray Disc will receive DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both will be presented visually in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 High Dynamic Range. The pre-order listings are not yet available over at Amazon, but stay tuned for updates.
UPDATE: Forbes Tech journalist John Archer has received official word from Disney that this title will only receive HDR10 and not also include Dolby Vision – as most expected. Also, as many fans have expressed, even to me on social media, this release will be in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio strictly and not expand to the IMAX 1.90:1 aspect ratio as it did during its theatrical run. More info regarding this can be found in John’s article.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray release will come in the form of a “combo” pack with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray Disc will include a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on both versions are listed further below, after the break.