Amazon Commissions Earned
The “Sony Pictures Classics 30th Anniversary 4K Ultra HD Collection” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 22nd via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This limited edition box set includes a total of eleven Sony Pictures Classics films, listed below (in chronological order):
- “Orlando” (1992)
- “The Celluloid Closet” (1995)
- “The City of Lost Children” (1995)
- “SLC Punk!” (1998)
- “Run Lola Run” (1998)
- “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” (2000)
- “The Devil’s Backbone” (2001)
- “Volver” (2006)
- “Synecdoche, New York” (2008)
- “Still Alice” (2014)
- “Call Me by Your Name” (2017)
The tech specs for the films include 2160p video presentations with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range. The films vary in their Audio configurations but start with DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo and then go to DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround as well as on “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” not only do you get 5.1 but also a new Dolby Atmos sound mix — as well as Dolby Vision for the first time. NOTE: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon had previously been released on 4K UHD Blu-ray in 2016 with HDR10 and 5.1 surround. So, a total of 10 out of 11 of these films are exclusive to this box set.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon. Below you can find some details about the upcoming set and the bonus materials set to be included.
Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Sony Pictures Classics with this limited edition box set:
- Limited edition gift set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for ORLANDO, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, THE CELLULOID CLOSET, RUN LOLA RUN, SLC PUNK, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE, VOLVER, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, STILL ALICE and CALL ME BY YOUR NAME – the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD, plus CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON with Dolby Vision
- All eleven films presented with Dolby Vision HDR for the most premium presentation possible
- CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON also includes Dolby Atmos audio; all films include original theatrical audio, as well
- Includes hours of special features across the films: a mix of archival materials and exciting new content
- Also includes a booklet with an all-new essay about the legacy of Sony Pictures Classics and details about the included films
Below, you can find a glimpse at the packaging for the set including the booklet (mentioned above).
UPDATE: And, below you can find the official trailer for this release.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details and tech specs for the upcoming set.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film adaptation of (the musical stage play) “Dear Evan Hansen“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 7th, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Stephen Chbosky, stars Ben Platt, Kaitlyn Dever, Amandla Stenberg, Nik Dodani, Colton Ryan, Danny Pino, Julianne Moore, and Amy Adams.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the original 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its DVD counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the Blu-ray are listed below.
- Songs To Be Seen – Journey behind the scenes to get an exclusive look at each song featured in DEAR EVAN HANSEN and what they mean to the cast and crew.
- Waving Through a Window
- For Forever
- Anonymous Ones
- You Will Be Found
- A Little Closer
- Looking Through the Lens: The Making of Dear Evan Hansen: This making of showcases the filmmakers and new cast members that have come together within the Dear Evan Hansen family to bring such an incredible story from stage to screen. From Costume Designer Sekinah Brown’s pieces to Jamaica Craft’s choreography, Director Stephen Chbosky’s insight and Beth Mickle’s production design – we see a holistic representation of the filmmaker’s production process.
- Stars In Our Eyes: For so many, this production was their first working environment after many months, in a time where we all felt the need for connection. Witness the exploding artistry that came to life on set as both cast and crew began to find themselves again through collaborative creativity.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official trailer for the film and the announcement regarding the home video release.
The 2011 Ridley Scott directed film “Hannibal” starring Anthony Hopkins is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc (Special Edition) on April 30th, via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. This marks the first 4K release for Kino Lorber. The film co-starred Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Ray Liotta, Frankie Faison, Giancarlo Giannini, Francesca Neri, and Zeljko Ivanek.
Kino Lorber claims this has received a brand new 4K restoration in HDR and SDR, which was color graded by cinematographer John Mathieson.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and a lossless 2.0 Stereo mix in terms of sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray included 1080p video with the same DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and lossless 2.0 Stereo mix. Bonus materials were detailed by Kino Lorber today and include the following (housed on the Blu-ray):
- Audio commentary by director Ridley Scott
- Breaking the Silence: Making-of Hannibal Doc – including rare footage and interviews
- Anatomy of a Shoot-Out: A Five-Angle Breakdown of the “Fish Market” Action Scene
- Ridleygrams: A Featurette on the Art of Storyboarding
- An Exploration of the Film’s Opening Title Design
- Over 33 Minutes of Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional director commentary
- Alternate Ending with optional director commentary
- 19 TV Spots
- Theatrical Teaser
- Theatrical Trailer
The 4K UHD Blu-ray release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and new Blu-ray are both now available to pre-order over at Amazon.
Below, after the break, you can find the art for the new Blu-ray Disc version.
Universal has finally unveiled the official photos and details for that “Limited Edition” box set of “The Big Lebowski” on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and it’s quite the sight to behold. The Dude would abide. The set will include (as pictured above) a collectible bag, a bowling ball pencil holder, a polishing cloth (rug) and sweater packaging (to hold the 4K release). “The Big Lebowski 20th Anniversary Limited Edition“ set, slated for an October 16th release, is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon – priced more affordably than you’d expect. Go have a look for yourself, and see.
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray releases include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS: X sound. No new bonus materials are slated to be included on either this version, or the standard 4K UHD Blu-ray release. For more information on the release and such refer to our previous news story, that came from a rumor that turned out to be true. That’s where some of you have may have seen this packaging (or similar) from: the Italian import available that spawned the rumor. Further below, after the break, you can find even more photos of this box set.
As you’ll see above there is a 4K UHD Blu-ray box set of “The Big Lebowski” coming to Italy via listings on various retailers via Universal Studios. Now this leads me to believe that we could see a release date around the same time here in the United States on 4K UHD Blu-ray around October 24th – as that is the release date in Italy. October 22nd would fall on a Tuesday or October 29th would as well here in the states. So, that could be possibly when we will get our hands on this amazingly cool looking box set and hopefully a standard 4K release as well. Stay tuned for any updates, including a pre-order on the US version of Amazon.
Below you’ll find an excerpt taken (and translated) from a news story about this Italian 4K release of the film.
Amazon Italy is currently listing an interesting reissue of the cult comedy The Coen Brothers. The ” The Big Lebowski” – Collector’s Edition is equipped with the 4K version of the film on UHD Blu-ray (including German soundtrack) and also has a lot of special content such as an exclusive bag for the bowling ballet, a mini-cardigan by Drugo, a bowling ball and much more. Available from 24th October 2018 .