Tag Archives: Judd Apatow
The King of Staten Island – Blu-ray Screenshots
-Amazon Commissions Earned-
CONTEST: Win The King of Staten Island on Blu-ray
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
Contest time again at High Def Disc News and this time we are going to be giving away ONE copy of the upcoming August 25th release of “The King of State Island“ on Blu-ray from Universal. Below you can find the full list of details on how you can enter this contest.
The King of Staten Island on Blu-ray August
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2020 film “The King of Staten Island“ starring Pete Davidson is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on August 25th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed & co-written by Judd Apatow, co-starred Marisa Tomei, Bill Burr, Steve Buscemi, Bel Powley, and Maude Apatow. Tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include its DVD counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- ALTERNATE ENDINGS (WHICH DIDN’T WORK!)
- DELETED SCENES
- GAG REEL
- THE KID FROM STATEN ISLAND – Pete Davidson and Judd Apatow sit down for a discussion about the movie, their experiences working together, and what it meant to film a movie inspired by Pete’s life. Also hear from Pete’s family, friends, and cast members who shed more light on the kid from Staten Island.
- JUDD APATOW’S PRODUCTION DIARIES – Director Judd Apatow speaks to camera, giving the daily “scoop” on set and discussing the scenes at hand.
- YOU’RE NOT MY DAD: WORKING WITH BILL BURR – Judd Apatow discusses how Bill Burr was perfect for the role of “Ray Bishop” while Bill discusses his favorite moments acting alongside Pete Davidson and the meaningful relationship that their characters form.
- MARGIE KNOWS BEST: WORKING WITH MARISA TOMEI – Judd Apatow describes the honor he had of working with Marisa Tomei who plays Pete Davidson’s fictional mom “Margie.” Pete, his mom Amy Davidson, and other cast and crew also describe their amazement at Marisa’s ability to nail the role and the joy of having her on set.
- FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS: WORKING WITH BEL POWLEY – Bel Powley describes her friendship with Pete Davidson, getting the role of “Kelsey” in the film, and what it was like navigating her character’s push and pull relationship with “Scott.”
- SIBLING RIVALRY: WORKING WITH MAUDE APATOW – Maude Apatow discusses what it was like playing “Claire,” a character based on Pete Davidson’s real sister. Also, Pete and Judd Apatow discuss the real elements of the brother/sister relationship that are reflected in the movie.
- BEST FRIENDS: WORKING WITH RICKY, MOISES, & LOU – Ricky Velez, Moises Arias, and Lou Wilson discuss their characters, the chemistry of Scott’s “best friend” group, and what it was like working with each other on set.
- PAPA: WORKING WITH STEVE BUSCEMI – Judd Apatow, Pete Davidson, and filmmakers reveal why Steve Buscemi was the perfect man for the part of “Papa,” and discuss the integral role his character plays in the film.
- FRIENDS OF FIREFIGHTERS STAND-UP BENEFIT – Watch the benefit comedy show—featuring Bill Burr, Ricky Velez, and Lynne Koplitz—that Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson hosted while filming THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND. All proceeds went to the Friends of Firefighters organization.
- SCOTT DAVIDSON TRIBUTE – Scott Davidson was a member of the FDNY and was tragically lost on September 11th, 2001. Judd Apatow, Pete Davidson and his family, plus former friends and co-workers of Scott, share stories in honor of the man they knew.
- OFFICIAL TRAILER
- WHO IS PETE DAVIDSON? – Pete Davidson’s family, friends, and the filmmakers discuss their hopes of what will come from the release of The King of Staten Island, while Pete and Judd share why it was so important to Pete to make this film.
- THE FIREHOUSE – Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson discuss what it was like shooting scenes in a real firehouse and the responsibility they felt to capture the environment authentically.
- PETE’S CASTING RECS – Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson discuss how Pete’s decision to cast a large group of his friends was beneficial to achieving the goal of the movie. Plus, Pete’s friends discuss their relationships with Pete and their experiences working on the film.
- PETE’S ‘POPPY’ (GRANDPA) – Judd Apatow shares his experiences directing Pete Davidson’s grandfather in his acting debut.
- VIDEO CALLS
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR/CO-WRITER JUDD APATOW AND ACTOR/CO-WRITER PETE DAVIDSON
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the full announcement issued today regarding the upcoming release of this film on home video.