Tag Archives: Josh Keaton
The DC Universe Movie “Batman Soul of the Dragon” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 26th, 2021, via Warner Brothers Home Entertainment. The animated film, R-Rated, directed by Sam Liu and produced by Bruce Timm, features the voice talents of David Giuntoli (Batman/Bruce Wayne), Mark Dacascos (Richard Dragon), Kelly Hu (Lady Shiva), Michael Jai White (Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger), James Hong (O-Sensei), and Josh Keaton (Jeffrey Burr). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p 4K presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc both listed to preorder over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Gift Set featuring a figurine (pictured below) which is now also available to preorder over on their site.
The bonus materials set to be included with each of these releases are listed below.
- Batman – Raw Groove (New Featurette)– From the explosion of gritty cinema and kung fu to the cultural changes spreading across the U.S., we explore the early ’70s and how they inspired Batman: Soul of the Dragon.
- Producer Jim Krieg’s Far Out Highlights (New Featurette)– It’s an off-the-hook and out-of-sight supercut of one of Producer Jim Krieg’s funniest in-character appearances.
- Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Justice Society: World War II.
- Look Back: Superman: Red Son (Featurette) – Kal-El’s rocket fleeing Krypton never reaches Smallville, but instead lands in the Soviet Union, single-handedly shifting the new world order. This is the epic re-imagining of Superman’s origin story.
- Look Back: Batman: Gotham By Gaslight (Featurette) – Set against the backdrop of turn of the century Gotham, Batman is involved in a hunt for a criminal who has committed the most heinous acts of murder. This is Batman versus Jack the Ripper!
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Day of the Samurai”
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Night of the Ninja”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film (released today) and find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.