Tag Archives: Josh Brolin
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
RUMOR: It seems that the recent 4K restoration of the Richard Donner directed 1985 film “The Goonies” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray later this year, likely on June 9th, via Warner – according to numerous sources. The film (as mentioned) received a new 4K restoration which was shown during a limited theatrical re-release late last year and it sure is starting to seem very much like this year that it will receive a “35th Anniversary Edition” release, on 4K physically, from that restoration. The movie, executive produced & co-written by Steven Spielberg, starred Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman, Ke Huy Quan, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, Robert Davi, Joe Pantoliano, and Anne Ramsey. The tech specs for the 4K at this point have not yet been detailed, nor have bonus materials or really any info at all.
There’s not currently an Amazon preorder listing for the 4K UHD Blu-ray of the film, so stay tuned for an update on that, but you can find it already listed over at retailer Target and online retailer HD Movie Source. Further retailer listings should go up and I’ll be adding those as I discover them. For now, that’s all that I’ve got to tell you about this, and yes, I know that a lot of you will say that this info had been rumored and reported by others last month. First off, I don’t really often read those other sites and/or I may have overlooked it on the sources that I do actually follow which reported it, as I’ve been a bit busy. That said, I just feel this news is worth sharing with the readers. Lastly, I’m not sure if the package art (pictured above) is final or even real, but it came from a few sources I find to be dependable. Stay tuned for updates!
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2007 Ridley Scott directed film “American Gangster“ starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 15th via Universal. The film, nominated for two Academy Awards, co-starred Chiwetel Ejiofor, Josh Brolin, Lymari Nadal, Ted Levine, John Hawkes, RZA, and Ruby Dee. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Feature Commentary with director Ridley Scott and writer Steven Zaillian [also on the 4K disc]
- Fallen Empire: Making American Gangster
- Case Files
- Hip Hop Infusion Featuring Common and T.I.
- The BET Special: The Making of American Gangster
- Dateline NBC: American Gangster First Look
- “Do You Feel Me (Remix)” performed by Anthony Hamilton featuring Ghostface Killah
- “Blue Magic” from Jay-Z’s Album American Gangster
- Theatrical Trailer
- U-Control: Picture in Picture
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
The 2018 sequel “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” starring Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray Disc release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both released will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both releases including a Digital Copy of the film. The film is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- “From Film to Franchise: Continuing the Story”
- “An Act of War: Making Sicario: Day of the Soldado”
- “The Assassin and the Soldier: The Cast & Characters”
It’s also worth noting that retailer Best Buy is showing that they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and that the release date is earlier: September 25th. I don’t know if this means that they’ll be getting the title a week early or that they’ve just not updated their PRE-ORDER listing for the Steelbook. Just realize the release date could actually be October 2nd, as it should be.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc artwork and the official announcement for this release.