Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2022 film “Nope” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 25th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment, according to numerous retailers. The film, written & directed by Academy Award-winner Jordan Peele, stars Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Brandon Perea, Wrenn Schmidt, Keith David, Michael Wincott, Barbie Ferreira, Terry Notary, Devon Graye, and Donna Mills. It’s most certainly worth noting that the film is, at the time of writing, “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
According to the back packaging, tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation, shifting from aspect ratios of 2.20:1 to 1.78:1, with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation also with 2.20:1 to 1.78:1 aspect ratio shifts and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both 4K and Blu-ray releases will come as a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both including a digital code (copy) of the film which is compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the standard 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. It’s also worth noting that there will be a few retailer exclusives for this film on 4K. First off, retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is up for preorder but not yet functional. Also, pictured further below, you can find that retailer Walmart will be getting exclusive artwork for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release which is now available for preorder.
UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included with the releases of the film are listed below.
- SHADOWS: THE MAKING OF NOPE – Unpack the meaning of NOPE with Jordan Peele. Secrets are revealed with this 56-minute immersion exploring the film’s unanswered questions, taking you on an intimate journey inside every aspect of production and offering a detailed look at Peele’s revolutionary filmmaking process.
- DELETED SCENES – Watch five unreleased scenes from NOPE
- GAG REEL – A highlight reel of bloopers and outtakes featuring main cast
- CALL HIM JEAN JACKET – The object of the Haywood siblings’ fascination is an entity known only as “Jean Jacket.” Filmmakers provide insights into the conception, design, and execution of this mysterious organism.
- MYSTERY MAN OF MUYBRIDGE – A deep dive into THE HORSE IN MOTION by Eadweard Muybridge, its relationship to the Haywoods, and how it relates to the larger themes in NOPE.
Further below, after the break, you can find the press release with full details regarding the home video release of this film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Candyman” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and produced by Jordan Peele & directed by Nia DaCosta, stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Colman Domingo, and Vanessa Williams. It’s most certainly worth noting, at the time of writing, that this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-66 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with both releases are listed below.
- ALTERNATE ENDING
- DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
- SAY MY NAME: Filmmakers and cast discuss how the horror at the center of Candyman is both timely and timeless, which is a tragedy in and of itself.
- BODY HORROR: We explore director Nia DaCosta’s influences in the subgenre of body horror, and what Anthony’s physical transformation means to the story.
- THE FILMMAKER’S EYE: NIA DACOSTA: Take a closer look at director Nia DaCosta, and how her singular voice and perspective were perfect to tell this story.
- PAINTING CHAOS: Filmmakers reveal how Anthony’s artwork evolves throughout the film and how they strived for authenticity in recreating Chicago’s vibrant art scene.
- THE ART OF ROBERT AIKI AUBREY LOWE: Composer Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe reveals some of the unconventional methodology he used to create the unique and haunting soundscapes sounds of the film.
- TERROR IN THE SHADOWS: A behind-the-scenes look at how the analogue shadow puppetry scenes were created and an unpacking of why this ancient artistic medium was the most conceptually relevant for depicting the legends’ cycle of violence.
- CANDYMAN: THE IMPACT OF BLACK HORROR: A roundtable discussion moderated by Colman Domingo about the nuanced relationship Black Americans have with Candyman, the horror genre and the overall idea of monsters and victims.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video release.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The HBO original TV series “Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season” is coming to Blu-ray on February 16th via Warner. The show, created by Misha Green, is executive produced by J.J. Abrams and Jordan Peele. The cast for the first season of the show included Jurnee Smollett, Jonathan Majors, Aunjanue Ellis, Wunmi Mosaku, Abbey Lee, Jamie Chung, Jada Harris, Michael K. William, Courtney B. Vance, Jamie Neumann, Jordan Patrick Smith, and Tony Goldwyn. Tech specs for the Blu-ray, spanning across a 3-disc set, includes a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The Blu-ray can now be found listed for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Compendium of Horrors (NEW)
- Orithyia Blue and the Imagination of Diana Freeman (NEW)
- Crafting Lovecraft Country
- Exploring Lovecraft Country
- Lovecraft Country The Craft
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video release of the first season of this show.
The 2019 reboot of “The Twilight Zone“ hosted by Jordan Peele, in its first season (Season One), will be getting a Blu-ray Disc release on February 18th, 2020 via Paramount, according to retailers. The show, which aired on CBS All Access, has been renewed for a second season (next year). Here, in its first season, the show featured cast members like Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Sanaa Lathan, Steven Yeun, Greg Kinnear, John Cho, Jacob Tremblay, DeWanda Wise, Taissa Farmiga, Ginnifer Goodwin, Chris O’Dowd, Zazie Beetz, and Seth Rogen. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but it is known that it will be a 5-disc set – including all 10 episodes. I’ll be updating this story later on, once I get some more info regarding this release from the folks at Paramount (or CBS). Stay tuned. Until then, you can find the Blu-ray set is now listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Walmart.
The 2019 Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 8th via Disney. The film, directed by Josh Cooley, features the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Joan Cusack, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, and Keanu Reeves. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p UHD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for Amazon pre-order listings when those go live. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life. [Digital Exclusive]
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime [Digital Exclusive]
It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for pre-order.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming release of the film.
The 2019 Jordan Peele film “Us” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 18th via Universal. The film, “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes, stars Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex, Tim Heidecker, and Elisabeth Moss.
The tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc and the Blu-ray getting a DVD included in addition to a digital copy of the film. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) that you can pre-order now.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- The Monsters Within Us
- Tethered Together: Making Us Twice
- Deleted Scenes
- Redefining A Genre: Jordan Peele’s Brand of Horror
- We’re All Dying
- As Above, So Below: Grand Pas de Deux
- Becoming Red
- The Duality of Us
- Scene Explorations
Further below, after the break, you can find more information about this upcoming release.
The 2018 Spike Lee joint (directed film) “BlacKkKlansman” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 6th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, produced by Jordan Peele and Jason Blum, stars John David Washington and Adam Driver. At time of writing, this motion picture is currently “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes, where it is carrying an impressive 95% rating from critics.
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The Blu-ray’s tech specs include full 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound as well. The 4K version will come in the form of “combo pack” including a Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film, while the Blu-ray version will only include a digital copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- “A Spike Lee Joint” – Ron Stallworth, Jordan Peele, and the cast discuss working with the iconic director
- Extended Trailer Featuring Prince’s “Mary Don’t You Weep”
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray cover art.
The latest Spike Lee joint (directed film) “BlacKkKlansman” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 6th via Universal. The film, based on a true story and book written by Ron Stallworth, was produced by both Jordan Peele (“Get Out”) and Jason Blum (Blumhouse). The cast for the film includes John David Washington, Adam Driver, Laura Harrier, Topher Grace, and Alec Baldwin. The film has received critical acclaim, just hitting theaters earlier this month. Over at Rotten Tomatoes the film is “Certified Fresh” (at time of writing) carrying a very impressive 96% (out of 100%) rating from the film critics. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed for this release.
This news about the release date comes according to an an early alert to retailers, specifically Best Buy who lists both versions with a 11/06/18 release date. Even some home video release estimation sites seem to have predicted this November release. The title will come in a “combo pack” on 4K, with a Blu-ray Disc of the film also included. Both versions are set to include a Digital Copy of the film. The film is already available for PRE-ORDER on 4K UHD Blu-ray and on Blu-ray Disc over at Amazon. Best Buy currently only has placeholders for both releases. Stay tuned for a further update with tech specs and a full list of bonus materials.