The 2019 Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 8th via Disney. The film, directed by Josh Cooley, features the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Joan Cusack, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, and Keanu Reeves. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p UHD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for Amazon pre-order listings when those go live. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life. [Digital Exclusive]
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime [Digital Exclusive]
It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for pre-order.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming release of the film.
The 2019 Jordan Peele film “Us” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 18th via Universal. The film, “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes, stars Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex, Tim Heidecker, and Elisabeth Moss.
The tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc and the Blu-ray getting a DVD included in addition to a digital copy of the film. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) that you can pre-order now.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- The Monsters Within Us
- Tethered Together: Making Us Twice
- Deleted Scenes
- Redefining A Genre: Jordan Peele’s Brand of Horror
- We’re All Dying
- As Above, So Below: Grand Pas de Deux
- Becoming Red
- The Duality of Us
- Scene Explorations
Further below, after the break, you can find more information about this upcoming release.
The 2018 Spike Lee joint (directed film) “BlacKkKlansman” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 6th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, produced by Jordan Peele and Jason Blum, stars John David Washington and Adam Driver. At time of writing, this motion picture is currently “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes, where it is carrying an impressive 95% rating from critics.
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The Blu-ray’s tech specs include full 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound as well. The 4K version will come in the form of “combo pack” including a Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film, while the Blu-ray version will only include a digital copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- “A Spike Lee Joint” – Ron Stallworth, Jordan Peele, and the cast discuss working with the iconic director
- Extended Trailer Featuring Prince’s “Mary Don’t You Weep”
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray cover art.
The latest Spike Lee joint (directed film) “BlacKkKlansman” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 6th via Universal. The film, based on a true story and book written by Ron Stallworth, was produced by both Jordan Peele (“Get Out”) and Jason Blum (Blumhouse). The cast for the film includes John David Washington, Adam Driver, Laura Harrier, Topher Grace, and Alec Baldwin. The film has received critical acclaim, just hitting theaters earlier this month. Over at Rotten Tomatoes the film is “Certified Fresh” (at time of writing) carrying a very impressive 96% (out of 100%) rating from the film critics. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed for this release.
This news about the release date comes according to an an early alert to retailers, specifically Best Buy who lists both versions with a 11/06/18 release date. Even some home video release estimation sites seem to have predicted this November release. The title will come in a “combo pack” on 4K, with a Blu-ray Disc of the film also included. Both versions are set to include a Digital Copy of the film. The film is already available for PRE-ORDER on 4K UHD Blu-ray and on Blu-ray Disc over at Amazon. Best Buy currently only has placeholders for both releases. Stay tuned for a further update with tech specs and a full list of bonus materials.