Tag Archives: John Short
The 1986 Stephen King written & directed film “Maximum Overdrive“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 23rd via Vestron Video (distributed by Lionsgate). We now have yet another retailer listing it with cover art and details about the bonus materials set to be included.
UPDATE: The title has now officially been announced and we were spot-on accurate with the date. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 2.0 Master Audio Stereo sound.
The title is now available for PRE-ORDER over at the following retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, and DiabolikDVD – where we find the cover art (pictured above) and the list of bonus materials set to be included on the “Collectors Series” release. Those bonus materials are listed below.
- NEW: Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Steven King
- NEW: Audio Commentary by Actor and Comedian Jonah Ray and Blumhouse Film Executive Ryan Turek
- NEW: “Truck Stop Tales” Featurette – An Interview with Producer Martha De Laurentiis
- NEW: “Rage Against the Machines” Featurette – An Interview with Actress Laura Harrington
- NEW: “Honeymoon Horrors” Featurette – Interviews with Actor John Short and Actress Yeardley Smith
- NEW: “Maximum Carnage” Featurette – An Interview with Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
- “A Kid in King’s Court” Featurette – An Interview with Actor Holter Graham
- NEW: “The Wilmington Factor” Featurette – A Look Back at the Filming of Maximum Overdrive with Members of the Production Crew in North Carolina
- NEW: “Who Made Who?” Featurette – An Interview with Murray Engleheart, Co-Author of AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll
- NEW: “Goblin Resurrectus” Featurette – The Restoration of the Happy Toyz Golbin
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
As we had previously reported earlier this month in the form of a rumor that seemed to get more and more likely to be confirmed, it’s safe to say we can pretty much confirm this without even Lionsgate or Vestron Video themselves even announcing it, with as much as we have to go on now. Credit goes to our friend Dawn of the Discs for bringing this to my attention, from the point of the initial rumor, all the way up to now. The trailer for this release (on YouTube) can be found further below, after the break, along with the official announcement.
The 1986 Stephen King written & directed film “Maximum Overdrive” starring Emilio Estevez is rumored to be coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 23rd, likely from Vestron Video (distributed by Lionsgate). We got this RUMOR originally from our Twitter friend Dawn of the Discs in the tweet below, which shows a new featurette from Vestron Video and Red Shirt Pictures featured on video website Vimeo – originally reported by our friends over at Bloody-Disgusting.
***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
100% CONFIRMED STEPHEN KING’S MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE IS COMING FROM THE VESTRON VIDEO COLLECTORS SERIES THIS YEAR pic.twitter.com/grICJLF685
— dawnofthediscs (@dawnofthediscs) August 14, 2018
There were actually a few videos up of featurettes from Red Shirt Pictures on Vimeo, before they were all made private. There was even footage shown of the film in high definition, but nothing stating that it had received any new scan or restoration. Here’s where it gets even more interesting. I’m told that, “the entire 98 minutes 37 seconds (Theatrical Cut) of the film was up on the site and could be viewed by anyone that checked.“
So here’s where the rumor meets some real validity. The listing over at Barnes & Noble with an October 23rd release date, really makes me think this is more than a rumor.
UPDATE #1: There seems to also be a placeholder page (pictured below) over at Best Buy, that isn’t functional yet, however does offer the very same October 23rd release date. So this rumor is really starting to solidify. Again, stay tuned for any further details on this release.
Major thanks to our friend Dawn of the Discs for the original tweet and some major details for this news story.