Tag Archives: John G. Avildsen
The 1984 modern classic “The Karate Kid“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on April 16th to celebrate the 35th anniversary, via Sony. The film, directed by John G. Avildsen, starred Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita, William Zabka, Martin Kove, and Elisabeth Shue. Tech specs for the release include newly 4K restored video with some sort of HDR (high dynamic range) although not yet specified and Dolby Atmos sound. It is said that the original 5.1 and Stereo will be available in terms of audio. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a Digital Copy of the film included.
Bonus materials set to be included on this upcoming release are listed below.
- NEW “Remembering The Karate Kid” – featuring new interviews with Ralph Macchio, William Zabka and Martin Kove (on the 4K disc)
- “Blu-Pop™” Pop-Up Track – Activate the Blu-Pop feature to reveal pop-up trivia, interviews and more secrets from the film!
- Commentary with Director John G. Avildsen, Writer Robert Mark Kamen and Actors Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita
- “The Way of the Karate Kid” Multi-Part Making-of Featurette
- “Beyond the Form” Featurette
- “East Meets West: A Composer’s Notebook”
- “Life of Bonsai” Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer (on the 4K disc)