The 1979 film “Rock ‘N’ Roll High School“ is getting a “40th Anniversary Edition” Steelbook release to Blu-ray Disc on November 19th via Shout! Factory. The film, executive produced by Roger Corman, featured a cast of P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten, Clint Howard, Dey Young, Mary Woronov, Paul Bartel, Don Steele, Dick Miller, and punk band the Ramones. Tech specs for this release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K scan of the original camera negative. UPDATE: I’ve just confirmed that audio on this release includes DTS-HD Master Audio Mono and Stereo sound. The 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Steelbook is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and directly via the Shout! Factory store. Details about the video transfer and bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
- NEW “Class Of ’79: 40 Years Of Rock ‘N’ Roll High School” – Featuring Interviews With Director/Story Writer Allan Arkush, Co-Director/Story Writer Joe Dante, Actress P.J. Soles, Screenwriter Richard Whitley, Screenwriter Russ Dvonch, Cinematographer Dean Cundey, Editor Larry Bock, And More!
- Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush, Mike Finnell And Richard Whitley
- Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush And Actors P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
- Audio Commentary With Richard Whitley And Russ Dvonch
- Audio Commentary With Executive Producer Roger Corman And Actress Dey Young
- “Back To School: A Retrospective” With Interviews From Allan Arkush, Executive Producer Roger Corman And More
- “Staying After Class”: An Interview With Actors P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
- Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
- Interview With Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills
- Audio Outtakes From The Roxy
- Original Radio Ads And TV Spot
- Theatrical Trailer
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release of the film.
The 1984 Joe Dante directed film “Gremlins“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st, via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and written by Chris Columbus, starred Zach Galligan, Phoebe Cates, Hoyt Axton, Corey Feldman, and Dick Miller. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update. It is known that the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for pre-order (with release date listed) over at Best Buy. Speaking of Best Buy, the retailer will be getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release (pictured below) which is also already available for pre-order. Stay tuned for further info regarding this upcoming release. I must say, that Steelbook cover art is pretty simplistic.
UPDATE: Well, that didn’t take too long. The standard 4K UHD Blu-ray release is now listed as available for pre-order over at Amazon. Expect the price to drop significantly and they do have their “Pre-order price guarantee” if it drops. So, let the pre-orders begin! The press release has now been issued with details about the release, which you can find listed below, after the break.