Tag Archives: Jesse Eisenberg
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2016 Zack Snyder film “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” in the “Ultimate Edition” has been remastered and approved by the director and will be receiving a new 4K UHD Blu-ray release on March 23rd via Warner Archive, according to numerous retailers now. I had been reporting this as a RUMOR thread over on Twitter for a day or so and it’s becoming apparent that I was right. Still, this should be only considered a rumor until the title gets an official announcement from the studio [Warner], Warner Archive, or via Zack Snyder. The remastered version of this film will include the 183-minute “Ultimate Edition” with some color corrections and most importantly the correct 1.43:1 IMAX aspect ratio on those scenes and the shifts to and from the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
That said, it should come with the very same HDR10 and Dolby Atmos found on the previous 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film, but nothing as of now has been officially confirmed. You can find the newly restored version of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” on 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon as well as at retailers Deep Discount and Target, and Walmart. The release will come with just a 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc and a digital code (copy) of the film included. There’s no word if bonus materials will be included with this release of the film or not. Considering that it doesn’t appear to include the Blu-ray, it would mean they would have to all be housed on the 4K disc. So, stay tuned regarding that when this hopefully gets a full official announcement and/or confirmation soon.
UPDATE #2: It’s official. The “Batman v Superman” official Twitter account just shared a video and announced the release date that we all had been seeing and I was telling you from the start. This video is very much work checking out as it will show you how the aspect ratio shift from 2.35:1 to real IMAX 1.43:1 will work. This also confirms some color correction as well. See the tweet here (or embedded below).
Get ready to experience #BatmanvSuperman in a whole new way. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition available to own on Digital and stream on @hbomax 3/18. Available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray 3/23. pic.twitter.com/sse4LlZVPX
— Batman v Superman (@BatmanvSuperman) March 4, 2021
EDITORIAL NOTE: This will mark the very FIRST 4K UHD Blu-ray release from Warner Archive if this turns out to be true. It’s pretty obvious that it is, so let’s now consider that Warner’s line of home video releases will include 4K titles in the future via the Warner Archives. I’ll be the first to say welcome to the 4K physical release scene, Warner Archive. And, until further information about this release comes along: “That’s All, Folks!!”
The 2020 film “Vivarium“ starring Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 12th, via Lionsgate. This film was directed by Lorcan Finnegan. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: There’s now a preorder listing available for this Blu-ray over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Director Lorcan Finnegan and Executive Producer Brunella Cocchiglia
- “Creating the Suburban Nightmare of Vivarium” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming digital and physical home video releases of this film.
The 2019 sequel “Zombieland: Double Tap” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 21st, 2020 via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, features a cast of Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, Zoey Deutch, Rosario Dawson, Luke Wilson, Avan Jogia, and Thomas Middleditch. Tech specs for the 4K release include IMAX Enhanced video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. It should also be noted that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook for the release (pictured below) that is also now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included on these releases are listed below.
- Extended Bloopers & Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Beast is Gone”: Tragedy falls upon Tallahassee.
- “Van Rides”: A vehicle says a lot about a person.
- “Would of Never Met”: Wichita and Columbus discuss what their lives would have been like if not for the zombie apocalypse.
- “In Bed”: Tallahassee’s still got it!
- “Breakfast at Babylon”: Cruelty-free breakfast and conversation.
- “Car Ride”: Road trips were made for family bonding.
- “Melting Gun”: Tallahassee says goodbye to another friend.
- “There’s a Party Tonight”: I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of hippies.
- “Alternate Proposal”: Love is the perfect mix of cool and uncool.
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.
The 2009 film “Zombieland“ will be celebrating its 10th anniversary by coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Sony, as well as getting a sequel later this year. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, starred Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio using the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the original Blu-ray Disc included as well as a digital copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray now is available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release, including some new content on the 4K disc, are listed below.
SPECIAL FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD
- ALL-NEW: Raised From the Dead: Zombieland A Decade Later
- Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Crew of Zombieland
- Shootin’ Zombies with Ruben Fleischer
- Theatrical Trailer
SPECIAL FEATURES ON BLU-RAY
- Beyond the Graveyard Picture-in-Picture Track
- Audio Commentary with Filmmakers and Cast
- In Search of Zombieland Featurette
- Zombieland is Your Land Featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- Visual Effects Progression Scenes
- Theatrical Promo Trailers