The 1986 Rob Reiner directed film “Stand By Me“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 27th via Sony. The film, based on a Stephen King novella (“The Body”), starred Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O’Connell, Kiefer Sutherland, and featured Richard Dreyfuss as the narrator (“The Writer”). Tech specs for the release include newly 4K scanned video from the original camera negative with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound, along with lossless 5.1 and original theatrical Mono. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a both a Blu-ray included as well as a digital copy of the film.
UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray now is up for pre-order over at Amazon. Below you will find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the new 4K release.
- All-New Special Feature on 4K Ultra HD
- Never-Before-Seen Deleted & Alternate Scenes
- Also Included on Blu-ray
- Picture-in-Picture Video Commentary with Director Rob Reiner and Actors Wil Wheaton & Corey Feldman
- “Walking the Tracks: The Summer of “Stand By Me”
- Commentary with Director Rob Reiner
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming 4K release.
The DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Hush” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Warner. The animated film, based on the graphic novel (of the same title) written by Jeph Loeb, was directed by Justin Copeland and it features a voice cast of Jason O’Mara, Peyton List, Peyton List, Rebecca Romijn, Jennifer Morrison, Rainn Wilson, Jerry O’Connell, Tara Strong, Vanessa Williams, and Jason Spisak. Tech specs for the release have not been fully detailed but it has been obviously mentioned (in the press release) that the 4K will include HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range. Both films should receive 5.1 lossless mixes, likely in the DTS-HD Master Audio format, although that has not yet been confirmed. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. The release will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both getting a digital copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Sgt. Rock (Animated Short) – From executive producer and director Bruce Timm comes the first new DC Showcase animated short since 2011’s Catwoman, bringing DC Comics’ gritty World War II hero to animated life in an all-new adventure.
- Batman: Love in Time of War (Featurette) – Dangerous. Seductive. Villain. Hero. This is the story of Selina Kyle and the relationship she has forged with the world’s greatest detective.
- Audio Commentary – Executive Producer James Tucker, Director Justin Copeland and screenwriter Ernie Altbacker share their thoughts and insights on Batman: Hush.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Wonder Woman: Bloodlines – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault:
- The Batman/Superman Hour: “The Underworld Underground Caper”
- The Batman/Superman Hour: “Partners in Peril”
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement with further details regarding the upcoming releases of the film and its trailer.
The 2018 DC Universe Movie “Reign of the Supermen” is coming to both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on January 29th, 2019 via Warner. The film features the voices of Jerry O’Connell (Superman / Clark Kent), Rebecca Romijn (Lois Lane), Rainn Wilson (Lex Luthor), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern / Hal Jordan), Jason O’Mara (Batman / Bruce Wayne), Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman), Shemar Moore (Cyborg), Christopher Gorham (The Flash), Nyambi Nyambi (Martian Manhunter), Cameron Monaghan (Superboy), Patrick Fabian (Hank Henshaw), and Tony Todd (Darkseid).
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound – likey DTS-HD MA.
UPDATE: This is now available for PRE-ORDER on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon, but the 4K version is not yet listed. Stay tuned, and this will be updated once it becomes available.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Lex Luthor: The Greatest Nemesis (Featurette) – Evil Genius. Archenemy of Superman. Misunderstood hero? This documentary will look at one of the most renowned villains in literature and debate his ethics and motivations throughout his publication history and as the calculated anti-hero of Reign of the Supermen. We’ll also explore how Lex Luthor is emblematic of technology without limit, often demonstrating what effect unbridled power, resources, and influence can have on humanity. We’ll discuss the affinity for storytellers to associate Lex Luthor and with the field of science as they challenge our morals and integrity with real world issues such as cloning and what can happen if science fiction became science reality.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five – An entertaining, insightful exciting look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault: Superman: The Animated Series, “Heavy Metal”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Panic in the Sky”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for this DC Universe Movie, the Blu-ray cover art, and the official announcement about the upcoming releases.
The 2017 animated DC Universe Movie “Justice League: Dark“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 9th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Jay Oliva, featured the voice talents of Rosario Dawson, Jerry O’Connell, Camilla Luddington, Nicholas Turturro, Jeremy Davies, Alfred Molina, Jason O’Mara, Matt Ryan, Enrico Colantoni, Roger Cross, and Ray Chase. Tech specs for the release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc included, as well as a digital copy. You can already find this for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “The Story of Swamp Thing“
- “Did You Know? Constantine Origin”
- “Did You Know? Color of Magic”
- “Did You Know? Black Orchid“
- “Did You Know? Dead Man Casting”
- 2016 NY Comic-Con Panel
- A Sneak Peek at DC Universe Animated Movie “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract”
- From the DC Comics Vault – 2 Cartoons
- … And More!
The 2015 DC Universe animated film “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is going to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray (for the first time) and will also re-released on Blu-ray Disc in a “Commemorative Edition” on November 13th by Warner.
Tech specs for the 4K release will include full 2160p with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range, while audio format and configuration have yet to be detailed. Tech specs for the Blu-ray re-release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio, again with audio format and configuration yet to be detailed. If it’s any indication, the previous Blu-ray (released back in 2015) included DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The new “Commemorative Edition” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on this new “Commemorative Edition” include an all-new featurette, an all-new audio commentary, and gets all the original bonus from the previous Blu-ray (ported over), which are listed below.
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for this new “Commemorative Edition” re-release on 4K and Blu-ray, as well as the official announcement.