The 2001 Pixar computer-animated film “Monsters, Inc.“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, via Disney, on March 3rd it seems – according to retailers. The film, co-directed by Pete Docter, David Silverman & Lee Unkrich, featured the voice talents of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Mary Gibbs, Steve Buscemi, James Coburn, and Jennifer Tilly. Tech specs for the 4K and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for a possible update. It’s very likely the release will come with the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound – but that’s just speculation based on previous releases. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterparts (two discs) included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now is available for preorder over at Amazon and Best Buy. Lastly, it’s worth certainly mentioning that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
Tag Archives: Jennifer Tilly
Olive Films has plans to bring the 1996 film “Bound“ starring Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly, to Blu-ray Disc in a Olive Signature release on August 28th. The film was written and directed by The Wachowskis (of “Matrix” fame). Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Stereo sound, although not yet specified in what format. The release has received a “new High-Definition digital restoration” according to the official announcement. A PRE-ORDER listing is available now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio commentary with writers/directors The Wachowskis; actors Joe Pantoliano, Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon; film editor Zach Staenberg; and technical consultant Susie Bright
- “Part and Parcel” – with titles designer Patti Podesta
- “The Difference Between You and Me” – with B. Ruby Rich and Jen Moorman
- “Here’s Johnny!” – with Christopher Meloni
- “Hail Ceasar” – with Joe Pantoliano
- “Femme Fatales” – with Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly
- “Modern Noir: The Sights & Sounds of Bound” – with cinematographer Bill Pope, editor Zach Staenberg, and composer Don Davis
- Theatrical Trailer
- Essay by Guinevere Turner
Lastly, it’s very much worth noting that this will be a limited pressing of only 3,500 units – as stated by Olive Films.