– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2020 film “Antebellum” starring Janelle Monáe is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 3rd via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Gerard Bush & Christopher Renz, co-stars Eric Lange, Jena Malone, Jack Huston, Kiersey Clemons, and Gabourey Sidibe.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. There are currently no preorder listings up yet for either the 4K or Blu-ray release, but stay tuned for an update on that.
The bonus materials set to be included on both versions of the release are listed below.
- The History in Front of Us: Deconstructing Antebellum (2-Part Documentary)
- A Hint of Horror: The Clues of Antebellum
- Opening Antebellum
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the home video release of the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release as well.
– commissions earned –
The 2019 biographical film “Harriet“ starring Cynthia Erivo (as Harriet Tubman) is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 28th via Universal. The film, directed by Kasi Lemmons, co-stars Leslie Odom Jr., Joe Alwyn, Clarke Peters, Vanessa Bell Calloway, and Janelle Monáe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD counterpart of the film included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. The Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Her Story – Harriet Tubman was one of the strongest women in history, so it’s only right that HARRIET was shepherded by three strong women filmmakers. Watch as they discuss their experience infusing this story with appropriate courage, compassion, and hope.
- Becoming Harriet – Cynthia Erivo and the rest of the cast join filmmakers in discussing the role of Harriet Tubman and Cynthia’s interpretation of it. From contributing music to the film to finding herself spiritually in the story, Cynthia reveals her personal journey of helping make this film a success.
- Feature Commentary with Co-writer and Director Kasi Lemmons
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details regarding the upcoming home video release(s) of this film.
The 2018 Robert Zemeckis directed film “Welcome to Marwen“ starring Steve Carell is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, based on a true story, co-stars Falk Hentschel, Matt O’Leary, Nikolai Witschl, Patrick Roccas, Alexander Lowe, Eiza González, Leslie Zemeckis, Merritt Wever, Gwendoline Christie, Stefanie von Pfetten, Janelle Monáe, and Leslie Mann.
Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed. However, it is known that the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order over at Amazon and at Best Buy.
EDITOR NOTE: Best Buy originally had listed a 4K release, even going as far to include artwork, but that has since been removed – before I even reported this. That being said, apparently, the film is not planned for a 4K release (anymore).