– commissions earned –
The 2019 sequel “IT Chapter Two” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 10th. The film, based on the Stephen King story and directed by Andy Muschietti, stars James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, Isaiah Mustafa, Jay Ryan, James Ransone, Andy Bean, Jaeden Martell, Wyatt Oleff, Jack Dylan Grazer, Finn Wolfhard, Sophia Lillis, Chosen Jacobs, Jeremy Ray Taylor, and Bill Skarsgård (as “Pennywise”). Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each receiving a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. It’s worth noting that there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy, which you can now find available for preorder (pictured below). There also will be a “double feature” 4K (of both films) available as an exclusive over at Best Buy.
Bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases of the film are listed below.
- Pennywise Lives Again!
- This Meeting of the Losers Club Has Officially Begun
- Finding the Deadlights
- The Summers of IT: Chapter One, You’ll Float Too
- The Summers of IT: Chapter Two, IT Ends
- Commentary with Director Andy Muschietti
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2019 “X-Men” film “Dark Phoenix” is reportedly coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 17th via Fox, according to early alerts to retailers. The film, directed by Simon Kinberg, features a cast comprised of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, Evan Peters, Alexandra Shipp, Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Jessica Chastain.
Tech specs for the releases and bonus materials have not been officially detailed yet, but stay tuned for an update. The 4K release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the Blu-ray included and each release will be getting a digital copy of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both now available to pre-order over at Best Buy (with release date listed). You can find the 4K and Blu-ray now available for pre-order as well as on Amazon.
It’s also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K version of the release. That Steelbook (pictured below) is already up for pre-order now over at Best Buy. Again, stay tuned for further info on these upcoming releases of the film as soon as we get it.
The 2019 M. Night Shyamalan written & directed film “Glass” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 16th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film just released last week theatrically is a sequel to the films “Unbreakable” (2000) and “Split” (2016). Glass features a cast of James McAvoy, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sarah Paulson.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release includes 2160p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now both available with pre-order listings over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- The Collection of Main Characters – A look at all the main players and how they fit in the universe created by filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.
- David Dunn
- Elijah Price
- Kevin Wendell Crumb
- The Rest of the Family
- Bringing the Team Back Together – M. Night Shyamalan is famous for working with many of the same crew from film to film. In this piece, cast and crew share personal stories of why Shyamalan’s productions feel like seeing family again.
- David Dunn vs. The Beast – An in-depth look at the animalistic face-off between David Dunn and The Beast
- Glass Decoded – M. Night Shyamalan unveils some secrets of continuity and style from across the Glass trilogy
- Breaking Glass: The Stunts – The superhuman strength of The Beast is best illustrated in the stunts. Take a behind the scenes look into the very effective methods of executing stunts in the film.
- Connecting the Glass Universe – Explore M. Night Shyamalan’s stylistic approach to the Glass trilogy and the unconventional concept of a comic book movie grounded in reality.
- M. Night Shyamalan: Behind the Lens – Cast and crew discuss Shyamalan’s dedicated and meticulous approach to storytelling.
- The Sound of Glass – Composer West Dylan Thordson elaborates on his use of string instruments to create tension, and explains why recording the score on-location enhanced the tone of Glass.
- Enhancing the Spectacle – The VFX team provides details on the rewarding task of using CGI as an effective tool to intensify the narrative of Glass.
- Raven Hill Memorial – Roam the long corridors of Raven Hill Memorial Hospital and see why the cast and crew describe the eerie location as its own character in the film.
- Night Vision – A look at the early stages of Glass by examining the storyboards and their remarkable similarity to the final shots in the film.
- Alternate Opening – Introduction by director M. Night Shyamalan available
- Deleted Scenes – Introductions by director M. Night Shyamalan available
- David Alone at Bar
- Patricia Talks to Cheerleaders
- David Encounters Pierce
- Casey in Art Class
- Dr. Staple Explains Machine
- Mrs. Price in Waiting Room
- Mrs. Price Talks to Elijah
- Dr. Staple Drinks Tea
- Pierce Checks Elijah’s Room
- Mrs. Price Tells Elijah About Surgery
- David Submits to Dr. Staple
- Patients Worship The Beast
- A Conversation with James McAvoy and M. Night Shyamalan – Star James McAvoy and Producer/Writer/Director M. Night Shyamalan discuss the importance of originality when creating a film in this genre.
Lastly, the film will be receiving an exclusive Steelbook release for the 4K version over at retailer Best Buy. This will also come with 3 collectible character art cards (shown below). It’s not yet available for pre-order there but a placeholder page is already up. The artwork for that Steelbook can be found below.