The five “Marvel Cinematic Universe” films “Iron Man“ (2008), “Iron Man 2“ (2010), “Iron Man 3“ (2013), “Thor“ (2011), and “Thor: The Dark World“ (2013) are all coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 13th via Disney‘s Marvel Studios. These films’ tech specs on 4K all include 2160p video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. One last thing from a technical side: there is a variety of the 2.35:1 to 2.40:1 aspect ratios on the five different films. These films all will come in the form of “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital copy of each included.
All five of these “MCU” film on 4K UHD Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials will be included on the Blu-ray releases and are identical to their previous releases. There will also be limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook releases for each film exclusive to retailer Best Buy. Those Steelbooks are now available for pre-order now and you can find them below, after the break, pictured with links.
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
EDITORIAL NOTE: First off, these screenshots may contain possible “spoilers” – so, be prepared. Secondly, the links to PRE-ORDER this on all formats are over at Best Buy, because
another retailer apparently doesn’t want to take your money. No joke. They have neither version of the film available for pre-order, at time of writing this. I have to have somewhere to send my readers to purchase the film.