Tag Archives: Herbert Lom
The 1983 film adaptation of Stephen King‘s “The Dead Zone“ starring Christopher Walken will be getting a “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on July 27th via Scream Factory. The film, directed by David Cronenberg, co-starred Brooke Adams, Tom Skerritt, Herbert Lom, Anthony Zerbe, and Martin Sheen.
The movie has received a “NEW 2021 4K scan of the original camera negative” according to Shout! Factory. So far, the exact tech specs have not yet been fully detailed, aside from being in 1080p HD and in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio, but stay tuned for an update on what sound configuration(s) it will receive. You can find the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray available for preorder now over at Amazon as well as directly via ShoutFactory.com. Today they [Shout! Factory] announced all of the bonus materials that are finalized and set to be included with this release, which you can find listed below.
- NEW Sarah’s Story – an interview with actress Brooke Adams
- NEW Cold Visions: Producing The Dead Zone – featuring interviews with production manager John M. Eckert and associate producer Jeffrey Chernov
- NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Mark Irwin
- NEW Audio Commentary with film historian Michael Gingold
- NEW Audio Commentary with film historian/author Dr. Steve Haberman and filmmaker/film historian Constantine Nasr
- NEW Audio Commentary with film music historian Daniel Schweiger with isolated score selections
- Trailers from Hell – Mick Garris on The Dead Zone
- Memories from The Dead Zone
- The Look of The Dead Zone
- Visions of The Dead Zone
- The Politics of The Dead Zone
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Behind the Scenes still gallery
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about this upcoming release of the film.