The 2013 Pixar computer-animated film “Monsters University“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 3rd, via Disney, according to retailers. The film, a prequel to “Monsters, Inc.” and directed by Dan Scanlon, featured the voice talents of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Helen Mirren, Sean Hayes, Dave Foley, Charlie Day, Tyler Labine, Nathan Fillion, Aubrey Plaza, and Alfred Molina. Tech specs for the 4K and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for a possible update. It’s very likely the release will come with the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound – but that’s just speculation based on previous releases. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and bonus disc included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now is available for preorder over at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. Lastly, it’s worth certainly mentioning that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for preorder.
The 2019 sequel “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 5th via Universal. The film, directed by David Leitch, features a cast of Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Idris Elba, Vanessa Kirby, Cliff Curtis, and Helen Mirren. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both a digital (code) copy of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc both available for pre-order now over at Amazon. It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook for the release (pictured below) which is also available for pre-order now.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases feature “80+ minutes” of extras such as an Alternate Opening, Deleted Scenes, and “even more content not seen in theaters.” That being said, no actual list of bonus content has been detailed yet – even on the back of the packaging.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.
The 2019 film “Anna” starring Sasha Luss is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 24th via Lionsgate. The film, written & directed by Luc Besson, co-stars Helen Mirren, Luke Evans, and Cillian Murphy. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The Blu-ray tech specs include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) included of the film. There are pre-order listings now available for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray of the film over at retailer Best Buy. However, there are no listings yet over at Amazon but stay tuned for an update. Bonus materials set to be included on the release listed below.
- “Dressing a Doll: Costumes of Anna” Featurette
- “Anatomy of a Scene: Restaurant Fight” Featurette
- “Unnesting a Russian Doll: Making Anna” Featurette
- “Constructing the Car Chase” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming releases of this film.
The 2001 Robert Altman directed film “Gosford Park“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 27th via Arrow Academy – a label of Arrow Video. This film won an Academy Award for best Screenplay, and its star-studded cast featured Alan Bates, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Northam, Bob Balaban, Charles Dance, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Maggie Smith, Emily Watson, and Ryan Phillippe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video from a brand new 2K restoration (and a 4K scan) with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This new restoration was “supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn” according to Arrow Academy. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. A list of details regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included can be found below.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan, carried out by Arrow films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Robert Altman, production designer Stephen Altman and producer David Levy
- Audio commentary by writer-producer Julian Fellowes
- Brand-new audio commentary by critics Geoff Andrew and David Thompson (author of Altman on Altman)
- Introduction by critic Geoff Andrew
- Brand new cast and crew interviews recorded exclusively for this release
- The Making of Gosford Park archive featurette
- Keeping Gosford Park Authentic archive featurette
- Q&A Session with Altman and the cast
- Fifteen deleted scenes with optional Altman commentary
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Sheila O’Malley and an archive interview with Robert Altman