Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2022 disaster film “Moonfall” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on April 26th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Roland Emmerich, stars Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, John Bradley, Charlie Plummer, and Michael Pena.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the same aspect ratio and also with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K UHD Blu-ray including its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray including its DVD counterpart, and each coming with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. It’s also worth noting that there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by writer/producer/director Roland Emmerich and writer/producer/composer Harald Kloser Listen to audio commentary by writer/producer/director Roland Emmerich and writer/producer/composer Harald Kloser.
- Against Impossible Odds: Making Moonfall Filmmakers and actors offer an insider’s view of the genesis of the film, a look at the epic action scenes, and a deep dive into the most groundbreaking moments of the film.
- Exploring the Moon: Past, Present, and Future What have we learned about the Moon through the ages and where is human exploration of our nearest celestial neighbor going next? Scientists, historians and astronauts reveal all!
- KC Houseman Speaks the Truth! Unearth recent viral videos from Megastructurist KC Houseman.
- Sounds of the Moon Discover how the filmmakers utilized a palette of unique sound effects to bring the world inside of the Moon to life.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the official announcement about the home video releases.
The 2019 sequel “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum” starring Keanu Reeves is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 10th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Chad Stahelski, co-stars Halle Berry, Ian McShane, Laurence Fishburne, Mark Dacascos, and Anjelica Huston. The tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy (code) of the film.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting some Exclusive 4K Steelbook releases. The first (pictured below) is a traditional 4K Steelbook and the other option includes that very same 4K Steelbook with mini Steelbook. Those two variations are both now available to pre-order.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- “Parabellum: Legacy of the High Table” Featurette
- “Excommunicado” Featurette
- “Check Your Sights” Featurette
- “Saddle Up Wick” Featurette
- “Bikes, Blades, Bridges, and Bits” Featurette
- “Continental in the Desert” Featurette
- “Dog Fu” Featurette
- “House of Transparency” Featurette
- “Shot by Shot” Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer #1
- Theatrical Trailer #2
- John Wick Hex Game Trailer
- “Behind the Scenes of John Wick Hex” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming releases of the film.
The first three films in the “X-Men” film franchise will be getting released in the form of the “X-Men 3-Film Collection“ on the 4K UHD Blu-ray format on September 25th via Fox, according to retailer listings. The title has not yet officially been announced by the studio, so we don’t have any specific tech specs to go on here. It’s worth noting that this joins the three latter “X-Men” films already available on the format, also released bundled together, but also separately. No word yet on if these will receive individual releases, like the latter films, anytime soon or not.
The release will be a 6-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Discs of the three films also included, along with a Digital Copy of each film. The three films included in this set are “X-Men” (2000), “X2: X-Men United” (2003) – both directed by Bryan Singer – and “X-Men: The Last Stand” (2006) directed by Brett Ratner. The 4K set is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. UPDATE: This title is now available for PRE-ORDER also over at Best Buy, again with the cover art I originally featured.
EDITORIAL NOTE: The artwork (pictured above) comes from UK retailer HMV, and is of the UK version. However, it could be what we see here stateside. [CONFIRMED]