Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2011 animated DC Universe Movie “Batman: Year One” will be getting a “Commemorative Edition” released to the 4K UHD Blu-ray format on November 9th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, co-directed by Sam Liu and Lauren Montgomery, featured the voice talents of Ben McKenzie, Bryan Cranston, Eliza Dushku, Jeff Bennett, Jon Polito, Alex Rocco, Katee Sackhoff, Grey Griffin, Robin Atkin Downes, and Stephen Root.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and (presumably) the same lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound mix that was found on the previously released  Blu-ray. This set will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere. You cannot yet find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon or any other retailers, but stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- NEW Featurette – Reinventing Gordon – An examination of the history of James Gordon through comics, animation, and feature films.
- Featurette – Conversations with DC Comics – The Batman creative team at DC discusses the personal influence of Batman: Year One on their careers. Batman producer Michael Uslan leads the chat amongst well-known writers, editors, and artists of Batman lore, focusing on the darker, realistic interpretation of Batman’s origins by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli.
- Audio Commentary – Featuring co-producer Alan Burnett, co-director Sam Liu, DC creative director Mike Carlin and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- Featurette – Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots – “The Dark Knight Returns” provided the denouement of Batman’s life. Frank Miller’s next seminal work would provide his near-mythic origin in “Batman: Year One.” This documentary spotlights the contemporary genius of Miller and the audience that was poised to appreciate the depths of his work.
- DC Showcase – Catwoman (2011 Animated Short) – The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City. Eliza Dushku reprises her Batman: Year One role as the voice of Catwoman. The short is directed by Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One) from a script by Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series).
- DC Universe Movies Flashbacks
- Batman: Soul of the Dragon
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One
- Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement regarding this upcoming Commemorative Edition 4K physical release of the film.