Amazon Commissions Earned
The TV series “Creepshow: Season 2“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 7th, via RLJE Films. The original TV series, as seen on Shudder, is executive produced by makeup special effects legend Greg Nicotero. The cast for season 2 included Kevin Dillon, Ted Raimi, Ali Larter, Thomas Howell, Iman Benson, Josh McDermitt, Ashley Laurence, Keith David, Ryan Kwanten, Breckin Meyer, Molly Ringwald, Eric Edelstein, Barbara Crampton, Denise Crosby, Justin Long, D’Arcy Carden, Kiefer Sutherland, Joey King, Anna Camp, and Adam Pally.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the set are listed below.
- A Creepshow Animated Special
- A Creepshow Holiday Special
- WonderCon@Home 2021 Interview with Greg Nicotero
- Photo Galleries
- Comic Art Booklet
- Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
- Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage
- Reversible sleeve art created by Rich Hilliard
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the second season of the series and the full announcement regarding the home video release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
“The Monster Collection” (Collector’s Edition) will officially be coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 13th via Doppelgänger Releasing, a genre label of Music Box Films. This 3-Disc box set includes two documentaries: “The Frankenstein Complex” (2015) and “Phil Tippett: Mad Dreams and Monsters” (2019). Both documentaries were directed by Gilles Penso and Alexandre Poncet. If you’re a fan of horror, fantasy, and science fiction films you’ll definitely be interested in these documentaries that take a look at the design of famous creatures and characters from motion pictures. These documentaries feature some excellent interviews with famous special effects artists and directors such as Rick Baker, Guillermo del Toro, Joe Dante, Mick Garris, John Landis, Greg Nicotero, Kevin Smith, Chris Wallas, Phil Tippett, Dennis Muren, Tom Woodruff Jr., Matt Winston, and Paul Verhoeven. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed.
UPDATE: You can now find this Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon.
There will be over 12 hours total of bonus materials included with this 3-Disc box set, which are listed entirely below.
- Feature Commentary with Phil Tippett and directors Alexandre Poncet and Gilles Penso
- “Meeting the Monsters” Making Of Documentary
- Prehistoric Beast (1985) a short film by Phil Tippett with audio commentary
- Mutant Land (2010) a short film by Phil Tippett with audio commentary
- Phil Tippett Museum: A Virtual Gallery of Tippett Creations
- Joy of Working with Phil: Interview with Paul Verhoeven
- Phil Will Fix This!: Interview with Joe Johnston
- Animating with Phil: Interview with Tom St. Amand
- Phil’s Vision: Interview with Chris Wallas
- Friendship, Robots, and Dinosaurs: Interview with Dennis Muren
- From Stop-Motion to Computer: Interview with Craig Hayes
- Memories and Archives with Phil Tippett
- Dinosaur Supervisor (Jurassic Park) with Phil Tippett
- Starship Troopers 2 with Phil Tippet and Jon Davison
- “Dinosaur!” with Paul Verhoevenand Jon Davison
- Mutant Fish (Piranha) with Joe Dante (1978)
- Modern Craftsmanship with Alec Gillis-Robot Design with Craig Hayes
- The Birth of a Poster with Paul Wee
- Musical Storytelling with Alexandre Poncet
- Mad Dreams and Monsters Isolated Musical Score
- “The Frankenstein Odyssey” Making Of Documentary
- “Digital Craftmanship” Post-Production featurette
- The Frankenstein Complex Musical Score
- Master Class with Guillermo Del Toro
- An Extended Conversation with John Landis and Joe Dante
- An Extended Conversation with Mick Garris
- An Extended Conversation with Steve Johnson and John Vulich
- Q&A with Joe Dante, Alexandre Poncet and Gilles Penso
- Inside the Lair of Rick Baker
- Inside the Lair of Tom Woodruff and Alec Gillis
- Paper Monsters: The Art of Charles Chiodo
- Living With Monsters: The Art of Kevin Yagh
- Sympathy for the Devil: Interview with Bernard Rose
- The Gremlins Pool: Interview with Sacha Feiner interview
- From Latex to Pixels: The Art of Gino Acevedo
- The Beauty and the Beasts: The Art of Ve Neill
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes
- Photo Galleries
- Theatrical Trailers
Below, after the break, you can find the trailers for the two documentaries as well as the full information regarding the release itself.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2019 Shudder original TV series “Creepshow: Season 1“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 19th, via Image Entertainment (RLJE), according to Amazon. The show was based on the first two films of the same title and was produced by Greg Nicotero. In its first season, across six episodes and 12 tales, the show featured guest stars such as Adrienne Barbeau, Tobin Bell, Giancarlo Esposito, Dana Gould, Jeffrey Combs, DJ Qualls, and David Arquette. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have yet to be fully detailed but it is known that you can expect it to span across a 3-disc set. Stay tuned for any updates regarding bonus materials as well for the release, if and when I can get more info regarding it. It’s certainly worth noting that you can now find the Blu-ray Disc set already available for preorder over at Amazon.