Tag Archives: George P. Cosmatos
The 1986 George P. Cosmatos directed film “Cobra“ starring Sylvester Stallone is getting a “Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray Disc release on January 22nd, 2019 via Scream Factory. The film co-starred Brigitte Nielsen, Reni Santoni, Andrew Robinson, Brian Thompson, John Herzfeld, Lee Garlington, Art LaFleur, Marco Rodríguez, Val Avery, and David Rasche.
This film has received a new 2K scan of the original film elements. The tech specs for the release includes 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This Blu-ray is already available for pre-order over at both Amazon and directly via Shout! Factory’s store. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW 2K Scan of the original film elements
- NEW Stalking and Slashing – an interview with actor Brian Thompson
- NEW Meet the Disease – an interview with actor Marco Rodriguez
- NEW Feel the Heat – an interview with actor Andrew Robinson
- NEW Double Crossed – an interview with actress Lee Garlington
- NEW A Work of Art – an interview with actor Art LaFleur
- Audio Commentary with director George P. Cosmatos
- Vintage Featurette
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Galleries – stills, movie posters and lobby cards
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
The three films “First Blood“ (1982), “Rambo: First Blood Part II“ (1985), and “Rambo III“ (1988) starring Sylvester Stallone are coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 13th via Lionsgate. Tech specs for the releases include 2160p 4K video in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio on each release. They all will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film(s) included. There is no sign of a box set planned, yet, or any indication the fourth film will be released on 4K anytime soon. All three films are now available to PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below, after the break, for each film individually. You can also find the cover art for the two other films there as well.