The original 1992 animated film “Aladdin“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 10th via Disney. The film, directed by Ron Clements and John Musker, featured the voice talents of Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Frank Welker, Gilbert Gottfried, and the late Robin Williams. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio in HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon as well as over at retailers Best Buy and Target. Speaking of retailers, there will be exclusives in the form of a 4K Steelbook over at Best Buy and a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target. You can find both of those retailers exclusives available for pre-order and pictured below.
The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy (code) included of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW Sing Along With the Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- NEW Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- NEW “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- NEW Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
[DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE] Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing “Aladdin”
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 4K release of the film.