Tag Archives: Frank Welker
The Transformers The Movie from 1986 on 4K in August
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1986 animated film “The Transformers: The Movie“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 3rd, via Shout! Factory, in a 35th Anniversary Limited Edition SteelBook. The film, directed by Nelson Shin, featured the voice talents of Peter Cullen, Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, Frank Welker, and Orson Welles. The movie has received a new restoration from a new 4K transfer. Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless sound mixes. The release will also include a Blu-ray of the film in HD, presented in the 1.33:1 full-frame aspect ratio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo sound mixes.
NOTE: Despite the 4K UHD Blu-ray format being mostly region-free, this release could perhaps be region A locked, it appears. However, it has been stated that there will be both a standard and a SteelBook 4K UHD Blu-ray releases available in both the US and UK this September. Specifically, on September 28th you’ll see those 4K physical versions released to further celebrate the 35th anniversary.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon, as well as directly via Shout! Factory’s store where you will get an 18″x24″ lithograph print if you preorder (while supplies last). The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- NEW Feature-Length Storyboards, including deleted, alternate and extended sequences
- NEW Fathom Events 30th Anniversary Featurette, including Stan Bush’s acoustic performances of “The Touch” and “Dare”
- ‘Til All Are One – A comprehensive documentary looking back at THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE with members of the cast and crew, including story consultant Flint Dille, cast members Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Dan Gilvezan, singer/songwriter Stan Bush, composer Vince Dicola and others!
- Audio Commentary with Director Nelson Shin, story consultant Flint Dille and star Susan Blu
- Animated Storyboards
- Trailers and TV Spots
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 4K physical release of the film.
“Scoob!” is coming to 4K and Blu-ray in July
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2020 animated film “Scoob!” appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on July 21st via Warner, according to multiple retailer listings. The film, based on “Scooby-Doo” and directed by Tony Cervone, features the voice talents of Will Forte, Mark Wahlberg, Jason Isaacs, Gina Rodriguez, Zac Efron, Amanda Seyfried, Kiersey Clemons, Ken Jeong, Tracy Morgan, and Frank Welker (as “Scooby-Doo”).
Tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update when the title gets officially announced by the studio [Warner]. It is known (from art) that the 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get a Blu-ray included and each version, including Blu-ray, will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon as well as retailers Best Buy and Target.
Gremlins – 4K UHD Blu-ray Review
Disney’s 1992 animated Aladdin 4K September
The original 1992 animated film “Aladdin“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 10th via Disney. The film, directed by Ron Clements and John Musker, featured the voice talents of Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Jonathan Freeman, Frank Welker, Gilbert Gottfried, and the late Robin Williams. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio in HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon as well as over at retailers Best Buy and Target. Speaking of retailers, there will be exclusives in the form of a 4K Steelbook over at Best Buy and a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target. You can find both of those retailers exclusives available for pre-order and pictured below.
The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy (code) included of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- NEW Sing Along With the Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- NEW Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- NEW “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- NEW Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
[DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE] Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing “Aladdin”
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 4K release of the film.