Tag Archives: Frank Darabont
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1999 film adaptation of the Stephen King novel “The Green Mile“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on February 22nd, 2022 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, directed & screenplay adapted by Frank Darabont, starred Tom Hanks, David Morse, Bonnie Hunt, James Cromwell, Sam Rockwell, and the late Michael Clarke Duncan.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Writer/Director Frank Darabont [on both 4K and Blu-ray]
- Additional Scenes
- Walking the Mile: The Making of The Green Mile Documentary
- Miracle and Mystery: Creating The Green Mile Featurette Gallery
- Tom Hanks Makeup Tests
- Michael Clarke Duncan Screen Test
- The teaser trailer: A Case Study
- Theatrical Trailers
UPDATED: It is most certainly worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below), which you can now find available for preorder.
The 1994 film “Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 29th, 2022 via Arrow Video. The film, directed by Kenneth Branagh and from a script co-written by Frank Darabont, starred Robert De Niro, Helena Bonham Carter, Tom Hulce, Aidan Quinn, Kenneth Branagh, and Ian Holm.
The movie has received a new 4K restoration, as noted below.
“New 4K restoration from the original camera negatives by Sony Pictures Entertainment”
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of high dynamic range and Uncompressed 2.0 Stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound.
UPDATE #2: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Online retailer Zavvi will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film, now available for preorder (pictured below).
The bonus materials and also physical extras (in first pressing) set to be included with the 4K UHD Blu-ray are listed below.
- Brand new audio commentary by film historians Michael Brooke and Johnny Mains
- Brand new interview with composer Patrick Doyle
- Brand new interview with costumer designer James Acheson
- Brand new interview with make-up designer Daniel Parker
- Mary Shelley and The Creation of a Monster, a brand new documentary featurette on the origins and evolution of the Frankenstein story, featuring Gothic specialists David Pirie, Jonathan Rigby and Stephen Volk
- Dissecting Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, a brand new featurette with David Pirie, Jonathan Rigby and Stephen Volk on the differences between the novel and Kenneth Branagh’s screen adaptation
- Frankenstein: A Liberal Adaptation from Mrs. Shelley’s Famous Story for Edison Production (1910): The first screen adaptation of Shelley’s story in a 2K restoration by the Library of Congress, with music by Donald Sosin
- Original trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Laz Marquez
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Jon Towlson and Amy C. Chambers
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1994 film “The Shawshank Redemption“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 14th, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, based on the Stephen King short story and directed by Frank Darabont, starred Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton, William Sadler, Clancy Brown, Gil Bellows, Mark Rolston, James Whitmore, and Jeffrey DeMunn.
Tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as come with a digital code (copy) of the film, compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be having an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available (pictured below) which should be available for preorder soon, but already has a placeholder page.
- Audio Commentary by Frank Darabont
- Two Documentaries:
- “Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back at The Shawshank Redemption“
- “Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature”
- “The Sharktank Redemption”
- Two Storyboards: “Bogs Takes a Fall” & “New Fish Arrive”
- Photo Galleries
UPDATE: This title has now been officially announced by the studio (Warner) and you can find the full details about it below, after the break.