The 2010 Martin Scorsese directed film “Shutter Island“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on February 11th, 2020 via Paramount – to celebrate its 10th anniversary – in a limited edition SteelBook. The film starred Leonardo DiCaprio, Emily Mortimer, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Max von Sydow, and Michelle Williams. UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include 4K video the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of HDR (high dynamic range) as well as DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials on this release will be identical to those found on the 2010 Blu-ray release of the film. In fact, the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc counterpart of the film set to be included.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming 4K physical release of the film.
The 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” starring Emily Blunt is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Disney. The film, directed by Rob Marshall & nominated for 4 Oscars, co-stars Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Colin Firth. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order over at Best Buy, but only the Blu-ray is currently listed on Amazon. Stay tuned for an update on that. There will be a Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can pre-order now and find pictured below.
Both releases will include the following bonus materials.
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca. [Digital Exclusive]
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for these upcoming releases.