Tag Archives: Elizabeth Banks
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2019 film adaptation of “Charlie’s Angels” directed by Elizabeth Banks is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 10th, via Sony. The film, based on the popular TV series (of the same title), stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks, Djimon Hounsou, Sam Claflin, Noah Centineo, and Patrick Stewart. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include an IMAX Enhanced experience with video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X audio. UPDATE: Tech specs for the Blu-ray have been detailed and include video in the same 2.39:1 aspect and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the releases.
- Gag Reel – Check out these fun and never-seen-before bloopers saved from the cutting room floor!
- 5 Deleted Scenes
- 4 Behind-the-scenes Featurettes
- “Stronger Together: The Sisterhood of the Angels” – Watch how the Angels trio of Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott & Ella Balinska prepared for their iconic roles and formed a genuine sisterhood on set.
- “Elizabeth Banks: As BOSSley” – We’ll take a look at why the Charlie’s Angels Director, Actress, Writer and Producer Elizabeth Banks is the perfect person to reintroduce audiences to this beloved, fun and action-packed franchise.
- “Warriors on Set: Angels in Action” – The cast & crew take a look at some of the biggest action scenes from the film, including a peek behind-the-scenes of the stunt rehearsals with the cast.
- “Tailored for Danger: Styling the Angels” – Learn all about the glamourous costumes, hair and make-up used to create the glitzy world of Charlie’s Angels!
- “Don’t Call Me Angel” Music Video featuring Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming home video release of this film.
The 2019 film “Brightburn” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 20th via Sony. The film, directed by David Yarovesky and produced by James Gunn, stars Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Jackson A. Dunn, Matt Jones, and Meredith Hagner. The tech specs for the 4K and the Blu-ray have not yet been detailed although you likely can expect HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range on the 4K and Dolby Atmos sound on both. Stay tuned for an update on that. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital copy of the film included on each. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- 3 “Quick Burns” Vignettes hosted by Actor Elizabeth Banks, Producer James Gunn & Director David Yarovesky
- “Hero-Horror!” featurette: It’s not often filmmakers successfully and seamlessly combine both Horror and Superhero into a genre-bending “Hero-Horror” category. Hear from Producer James Gunn and Screenwriters Brian and Mark Gunn as we will learn the methods of their filmmaking style and their dotting of the “i”’s and slashing of the “t”’s storytelling process.
- “Nature vs. Nurture” featurette: Hear from Actor Jackson A. Dunn, Producer James Gunn, Screenwriters Brian and Mark Gunn and understand the creative process involved in flipping the script of the traditional “Superhero” and diving into what motivates and moves our new Anti-hero, Brandon Breyer.
- Filmmaker Commentary with Director David Yarovesky, DP Michael Dallatorre, and Costume Designer Autumn Steed
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray artwork and the official announcement regarding the upcoming releases of this film.
The 2012 film “Man on a Ledge“ starring Sam Worthington is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on April 9th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Asger Leth, co-starred Elizabeth Banks, Jamie Bell, Anthony Mackie, Genesis Rodriguez, and Ed Harris.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- “The Ledge” Featurette
- Trailer with Commentary by Elizabeth Banks
UPDATE: This upcoming 4K title is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement regarding this upcoming 4K catalog release.
It seems that the 2018 Brian Henson directed film “The Happytime Murders“ is already slated for a Blu-ray Disc release on November 20th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for updates, especially once the studio officially announces it and such. The release seems will be a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy.
EDITORIAL NOTE: File this as a RUMOR, and specifically one under: “Wow that was quick!” It seems that perhaps the bad reviews from critics may be why this film, just released in late, late August (a week ago), is already slated for a home video release. If you don’t believe me, take a look at its current score over at Rotten Tomatoes and read a review snippet or two. It doesn’t seem to have been too well received by the critics, nor even totally audiences as its rating on Rotten Tomatoes (for audiences) and over at IMDb prove. This quick of a theatrical to home video turnaround is pretty rare. While this may be a rumor, I think the retailer indicating the release date is a dependable source and is very likely correct. Again, stay tuned for updates regarding this release.