Jungle Cruise comes to 4K and Blu-ray in November
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 live-action film adaptation of the popular theme park ride “Jungle Cruise” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th via Disney. The film, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, Veronica Falcón, and Paul Giamatti.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray version will get its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Target. They also are listed over at retailer Best Buy but are not yet functional. Speaking of retailers, both will be getting exclusives for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release. Target will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Art Edition packaging (pictured below) and it is now available for preorder.
Meanwhile, retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now listed but not yet available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the chance that this film gets listed on Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video releases of this film — from last month. If you’re wondering why I’m just now reporting this, it’s because there are finally more details, actual artwork, and of course, there are the retailer exclusives and preorder links or listings now up.