– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The “Ip Man: The Complete Collection” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 15th via Well Go USA. The set includes the four films “Ip Man” (2008), “Ip Man 2: Legend of the Grand Master” (2010), “Ip Man 3” (2015), and “Ip Man 4: The Finale” (2019). All four of the films, directed by Wilson Yip and starring Donnie Yen, have been remastered in 4K. The tech specs for the 8-disc set include a 4K presentation in original 2.35:1 aspect ratios, for all of the films, with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound in Cantonese. There will also be audio options for English, Spanish, and even French (on one film), as well as subtitles in English. You can now find this 4K UHD Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon.
The 8-disc set will come as a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include its Blu-ray Disc counterparts as well. The limited-edition set will also include a double-sided poster and a compendium booklet (as pictured below with the packaging).
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed further below, after the break, for each film. These will all be included on the Blu-ray Disc counterparts for each.
The 2020 live-action film adaptation of “Mulan” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 10th via Disney. Yes, that’s next week and comes with very little notice but that’s become expected of Disney. The film, directed by Niki Caro, starred Yifei Liu, Donnie Yen, Li Gong, Jet Li, Jason Scott Lee, Yoson An, Tzi Ma, and Rosalind Chao. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 4K presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include the Blu-ray Disc counterparts, the Blu-ray will include the DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You will not likely be able to find this 4K UHD Blu-ray or Blu-ray release, from Disney, available over at Amazon but stay tuned for an update on that at a later point. In the meantime, you can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailers Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. The Blu-ray is also available for preorder now over at retailers Best Buy and Target. Speaking of retailers, it’s worth noting that Target will be getting an Exclusive Gallery Book packaging (pictured below) on 4K UHD Blu-ray which is now available for preorder.
Target 4K UHD Blu-ray Gallery Book
Also, retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook
Finally, the bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
Disney’s Live-Action “Mulan” 4K Ultra HD™ & Blu-ray™ Bonus Features
- Updating A Classic – Explore how filmmakers honored the original animated classic while creating an epic live-action adventure for a new generation.
- Mulan by Another Name – Meet talented actor Yifei Liu and trace her journey to becoming Mulan, from audition screen test to on-screen warrior.
- Being Bad – See actors Jason Scott Lee and Li Gong transform into the film’s evil duo through intense training, spectacular costumes and more.
- Reflections of “Mulan” – Enter the studio and hear what inspired the film’s music and sound, then listen as Yifei Liu records “Mulan”‘s most iconic song.
- The Original Mulan – Ming-Na Wen, who voiced Mulan in the original animated classic, reflects on that experience and her cameo in this film.
- Deleted Scenes (some with commentary by Director Niki Caro):
- Little Sister Sewing
- Young to Old Mulan Sewing
- Hawk and Mulan Meet in Forest
- Mulan Underwater Rescued by Phoenix
- Mulan Runs Over Rourans
- Chancellor Turns Back to Witch
- Music Videos:
- “Reflection (2020)” Concept Video Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Reflection (2020)” Lyric Video Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Reflection” Music Video (Mandarin) Performed by Yifei Liu
- “Reflection” Music Video (English) Performed by Yifei Liu
- “Loyal Brave True” Concept Video (English) Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Loyal Brave True” Concept Video (Spanish) Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Loyal Brave True” Lyric Video (English) Performed by Christina Aguilera
- “Loyal Brave True” Lyric Video (Spanish) Performed by Christina Aguilera
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement trailer for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases over on YouTube.
The remaining films in the “Star Wars” film franchise – so far – are all coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 31st it seems, via Disney, according to retailer listings. There will first be a very lavish, expensive box set available (seemingly exclusive) at retailer Best Buy called “The Skywalker Saga” (pictured above) which is now available for preorder. That Skywalker Saga set will include Episodes 1-9 of the films, as well as two Blu-ray Disc counterparts for each film, filled with bonus materials – yet to be detailed. Stay tuned for further details regarding this release as it develops.
Now, as of today, there also are most certainly individual releases for Episodes 1-7 coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 31st as well as the film “Rogue One – A Star Wars Story” (2016). It’s certainly worth noting that these titles are now all listed over at retailer Best Buy, individually. So, as you’d expect I’ll be listing the films coming out in theatrical chronological order with direct links to the Best Buy preorder listings – not yet functional but currently placeholder pages. UPDATED: I am now adding Amazon preorder listings to this post as they are getting listed.
NOTE: The final film in the Skywalker Saga (“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”) has been announced officially, as you can read HERE in my previous news post regarding it. This story regarding the individual releases is still developing, so once again, stay tuned.