Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1998 film “Out of Sight“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray (in a “Special Edition”) on June 28th via KL Studio Classics. The film, directed by Steven Soderbergh, starred George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Ving Rhames, Don Cheadle, Luis Guzmán, Albert Brooks, Steve Zahn, Elmore Leonard, and Dennis Farina.
This new presentation comes from a “4K scan of the original camera negative.” The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and both lossless 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo sound mixes on a BD-100 disc. The 4K release will come in the form of a 2-disc “combo pack” including its Blu-ray Disc counterpart. The tech specs for the Blu-ray Special Edition include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and both 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo lossless sound mixes on a BD-50 disc.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Special Edition both available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can order the 4K UHD Blu-ray and new Blu-ray directly from Kino Lorber’s website here. Bonus materials and details for the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Director Steven Soderbergh and Screenwriter Scott Frank
- Inside OUT OF SIGHT: An Original Documentary on the Making of the Film – Featuring Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Interviews with Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Albert Brooks, Don Cheadle, Ving Rhames, Steve Zahn, Elmore Leonard and Scott Frank
- Deleted Scenes
- Two Theatrical Trailers (Newly Mastered in 2K)
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Space Jam: A New Legacy” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 5th, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, a sequel to “Space Jam”, was directed by Malcolm D. Lee, and stars LeBron James, Don Cheadle, Khris Davis, Sonequa Martin-Green, Cedric Joe, Jeff Bergman, and Eric Bauza.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and the same Dolby Atmos sound mix. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and a digital code (copy) of the film will be included with each. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- First Quarter: Game On
- Second Quarter: Teamwork
- Third Quarter: Out of This World
- Fourth Quarter: The Looniest
- Deleted Scenes
UPDATE: There will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) that will come as an exclusive to retailer Best Buy, where you can now find it available for preorder.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about the home video release of this film.
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
The two Marvel Studios sequels “Captain America: The Winter Soldier“ and “Captain America: Civil War“ are both coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on April 23rd, via Disney – according to an early alert to retailers. The titles had been said to be coming but we now finally get them both listed with release date and pre-order listings for each over at Best Buy.
UPDATE: The two titles on 4K are both now listed for pre-order over at Amazon – HERE and HERE. Those listings even include glimpses at the back of the packaging where we get the tech specs. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will be presented in the 2.40:1 aspect (as originally on Blu-ray), while “Captain America: Civil War” will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio (unlike the original Blu-ray). Both films will receive HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The bonus materials set to be included for each film can be found on the original Blu-ray releases. No new extras will be included on the 4K discs.
Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc included along with a digital copy of the film.
There will also be Steelbook releases for both of the films on 4K which will be Best Buy exclusives. You can’t pre-order those yet but they have placeholder pages HERE and HERE. The artwork for the Steelbooks is pictured below.
EDITORIAL NOTE: First off, these screenshots may contain possible “spoilers” – so, be prepared. Secondly, the links to PRE-ORDER this on all formats are over at Best Buy, because
another retailer apparently doesn’t want to take your money. No joke. They have neither version of the film available for pre-order, at time of writing this. I have to have somewhere to send my readers to purchase the film.
Disney has now officially announced plans to bring the 2018 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Infinity War” to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 14th. Tech specs for the releases are as follows: the 4K UHD Blu-ray will receive Dolby Atmos sound and the Blu-ray Disc will receive DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both will be presented visually in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 High Dynamic Range. The pre-order listings are not yet available over at Amazon, but stay tuned for updates.
UPDATE: Forbes Tech journalist John Archer has received official word from Disney that this title will only receive HDR10 and not also include Dolby Vision – as most expected. Also, as many fans have expressed, even to me on social media, this release will be in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio strictly and not expand to the IMAX 1.90:1 aspect ratio as it did during its theatrical run. More info regarding this can be found in John’s article.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray release will come in the form of a “combo” pack with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray Disc will include a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on both versions are listed further below, after the break.