The 2019 sequel “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 31st, via Disney. The film, directed by J.J. Abrams, starred Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Naomi Ackie, Domhnall Gleeson, Richard E. Grant, Lupita Nyong’o, Keri Russell, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Ian McDiarmid, and Billy Dee Williams. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specs for the Blu-ray include HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. While it’s not yet available over at Amazon, stay tuned. However, you can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailers Best Buy, Target, and Walmart.
The 4K release is going to be getting several exclusives at retailers. The exclusives will include a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook over at Best Buy (pictured below), Target will get a 4K UHD Blu-ray Gallery Book (pictured below), and a 4K UHD Blu-ray Limited Edition will be exclusive over at Walmart (pictured below). You can click on the retailer names for links to preorder those exclusives.
The bonus materials set to be included on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are listed below.
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- Digital Exclusive:
- The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Further below, after the break, you can find even further details about the upcoming home video releases of this film via the official announcement.