Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 prequel “The King’s Man” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on February 22nd via 20th Century Studios (Disney). The film, co-written and directed by Matthew Vaughn, stars Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance. This film is a prequel to the films “Kingsman: The Secret Service” (2014) and “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” (2016).
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in 2.39:1 and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K release of the film will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray counterpart. Both the 4K and Blu-ray versions will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over retailers Best Buy and Target. It’s also worth noting that retailers will have some 4K UHD Blu-ray exclusives for this, with Best Buy getting a three-movie “The Kingsman Collection” SteelBook set (pictured below), while retailer Target will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray “Gallery Book” packaging for “The King’s Man” (pictured a bit below), and finally retailer Walmart will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray for the film with different artwork on the slipcover (pictured further below). All of these retailer exclusives, with the exception of the Walmart one, are available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the latter one.
The bonus materials set to be included with the 4K and Blu-ray releases of the film are listed below.
- The King’s Man: The Great Game Begins Documentary
- A Generation Lost – Discover how the filmmakers created a richly textured story that explores the origins of the Kingsman spy organization.
- Oxfords and Rogues – Meet the phenomenal new cast of characters Matthew Vaughn has assembled.
- All the World’s a Stage – Delve into the meticulous world-building of THE KING’S MAN with interviews, on-location footage, artwork, and details of on-set construction and design.
- Instruments of War – Experience the analog spy tech and early 20th century weaponry utilized in THE KING’S MAN and see a breakdown of the precise execution and evolution of the major stunts and combat in the film.
- Fortune Favors the Bold – Join Matthew Vaughn and his team for music scoring and sound design.
- Long Live the Kingsman – Cast and crew reveal their thoughts about their collective journey through the very special experience of making THE KING’S MAN.
- No Man’s Land – Experience the creative process behind the harrowing knife battle sequence in several stages: rehearsals, storyboards, interviews and on-set footage, culminating with the atmospheric VFX.
- Remembrance and Finding Purpose – Learn about amazing organizations such as The Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes, two U.K.-based resources for recovery, well-being and employment for military veterans. Also hear why Matthew Vaughn strongly supports their mission.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
– commissions earned –
The 2019 film adaptation of “Charlie’s Angels” directed by Elizabeth Banks is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 10th, via Sony. The film, based on the popular TV series (of the same title), stars Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks, Djimon Hounsou, Sam Claflin, Noah Centineo, and Patrick Stewart. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include an IMAX Enhanced experience with video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X audio. UPDATE: Tech specs for the Blu-ray have been detailed and include video in the same 2.39:1 aspect and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the releases.
- Gag Reel – Check out these fun and never-seen-before bloopers saved from the cutting room floor!
- 5 Deleted Scenes
- 4 Behind-the-scenes Featurettes
- “Stronger Together: The Sisterhood of the Angels” – Watch how the Angels trio of Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott & Ella Balinska prepared for their iconic roles and formed a genuine sisterhood on set.
- “Elizabeth Banks: As BOSSley” – We’ll take a look at why the Charlie’s Angels Director, Actress, Writer and Producer Elizabeth Banks is the perfect person to reintroduce audiences to this beloved, fun and action-packed franchise.
- “Warriors on Set: Angels in Action” – The cast & crew take a look at some of the biggest action scenes from the film, including a peek behind-the-scenes of the stunt rehearsals with the cast.
- “Tailored for Danger: Styling the Angels” – Learn all about the glamourous costumes, hair and make-up used to create the glitzy world of Charlie’s Angels!
- “Don’t Call Me Angel” Music Video featuring Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming home video release of this film.
The 2014 Marvel Studios film “Guardians of the Galaxy“ appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Marvel (Disney), according to multiple retailer listings. The film, part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” and directed by James Gunn, starred Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, and Sean Gunn. It also featured the voice talents of Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook release of the film (pictured below) which is available for pre-order as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will be identical to those found on the previous Blu-ray, as they actually use that disc for the extras. No new extras will be included on this 4K release.
The 2019 DC film “Shazam!” starring Zachary Levi is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray format, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D formats on July 16th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, based on the DC comics character and directed by David F. Sandberg, co-starred Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Adam Brody, Djimon Hounsou, and Meagan Good. The film has received much critic-acclaim during its theatrical run, in fact, it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release(s) include 1080p video and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. All three releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray will be getting a DVD, the Blu-ray 3D will be getting standard 2D Blu-ray, and a digital copy of the film will be included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Shazam Exclusive Motion Comic
- The Magical World of Shazam
- Super Fun Zac
- Carnival Scene Study
- Shazamily Values
- Who is Shazam?
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are also listed for pre-order now over at retailer Target, featuring some different artwork. UPDATE #2: There’s a 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook coming as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which you can now find available for pre-order.
NOTE: The Blu-ray 3D release is listed to be coming stateside directly over at Warner’s WBShop and in the UK over at retailer Zavvi. There’s no word yet if it will be coming to other retailers stateside, as it doesn’t have a listing over at Amazon or at any other retailers.
The 2019 film “Captain Marvel” starring Brie Larson, that just hit theaters yesterday, is already rumored to be coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc sometime this Summer, perhaps in June. This rumor comes according to some early retailer alerts going around. The title has not at all been officially announced yet by the studio (Disney). The film, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, features a supporting cast of Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Lashana Lynch, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, and Clark Gregg.
Tech specs and bonus materials, of course, have not yet been detailed. It is known that the 4K release will come in the form of “combo pack” which means that the 4K will get a Blu-ray included and a Digital Copy of the film will be included with each version. There are currently pre-order listings for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions of the film over at retailer Best Buy. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release (pictured below) that is now available for pre-order.
Retailer Target will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film in a limited edition 40-page book style packaging (pictured below). That exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray book is available for pre-order as well over at Target. Lastly, stay tuned for any updates with further detailers regarding these releases.