The 2019 CG animated sequel “Frozen II” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 25th, via Disney. The film, co-directed by Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee, features the voice talents of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff, Sterling K. Brown, Evan Rachel Wood, Alfred Molina, Martha Plimpton, and Jason Ritter. The film, nominated for one Academy Award (for best song), received mixed reactions from critics and at the time of writing (barely) carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the same 2.39:1 aspect and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and a digital code (copy) of the film included with each. You cannot yet find the 4K UHD Blu-ray or Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update. It is worth noting that you can, however, find that the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy. Speaking of Best Buy, they will be getting an Exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook for the release (pictured below) which you can also now find available for preorder.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Sing-Along Version of the Movie – Sing along with your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics. Songs include Oscar®-nominated “Into The Unknown,” “All Is Found,” “Some Things Never Change,” “When I Am Older,” “Lost in the Woods,” “Show Yourself,” and “The Next Right Thing”
- Outtakes – Laugh along with the cast of “Frozen 2” as they record their lines, sing their songs and have fun in the recording booth.
- Deleted Scenes – Check out a few scenes that never made the final cut.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck offer a glimpse into their filmmaking process with scenes that didn’t make the final cut.
- Prologue – A battle rages between Arendelle and the Northuldra while a mysterious figure challenges King Agnarr.
- Secret Room – A secret room reveals even more of Anna and Elsa’s past, including a shocking revelation about their mother.
- Elsa’s Dream – Anna’s playful glimpse into Elsa’s dream takes a dark turn.
- Hard Nokks – Kristoff reveals his true feelings about life in Arendelle when the Nokk won’t take no for an answer.
- A Place of Our Own – Elsa uses her magic to relieve Anna’s lingering doubts about their parents’ faith in her.
- Deleted Songs – When it comes to “Frozen 2,” there can never be too much music. Hear some of the songs that got cut from the final film.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck revel in the chance to share a few songs that didn’t make it into the final film.
- “Home” – Anna savors every moment as she wanders through this kingdom she calls home.
- “I Wanna Get This Right” – Kristoff wants everything to be perfect before he proposes, leaving Anna to wonder, “Will it ever be just right?”
- The Spirits of “Frozen 2” – Cast and crew explore the Scandinavian and Nordic mythology that inspired the spirits inhabiting the enchanted forest of “Frozen 2.”
- Did You Know??? – Olaf asks us the question “Did You Know” as we discover “Frozen 2” fun facts, Easter eggs and tidbits about the making of the film.
- Scoring a Sequel – Composer Christophe Beck combines a 91-piece orchestra with 30 choral voices to create the compelling score for “Frozen 2.”
- Gale Tests – They say you can’t see the wind. Only its effects. Filmmakers give it a shot while creating the playful wind spirit, Gale.
- Gale Test – A young girl and boy play tag in this fully animated effort to “give personality to something that’s invisible.”
- Hand-Drawn Gale Test – A hand-drawn test to bring the precocious wind spirit to life.
- Multi-Language Reel
- “Into the Unknown” in 29 Languages – Hear Elsa’s soaring call to adventure in 29 different languages
- Music Videos – Weezer and Panic! at the Disco lend their voices to a few of the soaring melodies from “Frozen 2.”
- “Into the Unkown” (Panic! at the Disco version) – Panic! at the Disco frontman Brendon Urie stars in their version of “Into The Unknown” from “Frozen 2.”
- “Lost in the Woods” (Weezer version) – Weezer puts their spin on Kristoff’s epic ballad, “Lost In the Woods.”
- Meet the Lopezes – Meet the award-winning husband-and-wife team behind the incredible songs from “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.”
- Deleted Song “Unmeltable Me” – An animatic version of Olaf’s celebratory song about his newfound freedom.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.