The 2019 film “Captain Marvel” starring Brie Larson, that just hit theaters yesterday, is already rumored to be coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc sometime this Summer, perhaps in June. This rumor comes according to some early retailer alerts going around. The title has not at all been officially announced yet by the studio (Disney). The film, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, features a supporting cast of Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Annette Bening, Lashana Lynch, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, and Clark Gregg.
Tech specs and bonus materials, of course, have not yet been detailed. It is known that the 4K release will come in the form of “combo pack” which means that the 4K will get a Blu-ray included and a Digital Copy of the film will be included with each version. There are currently pre-order listings for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions of the film over at retailer Best Buy. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive Steelbook for the 4K release (pictured below) that is now available for pre-order.
Retailer Target will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film in a limited edition 40-page book style packaging (pictured below). That exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray book is available for pre-order as well over at Target. Lastly, stay tuned for any updates with further detailers regarding these releases.
The 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” starring Emily Blunt is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Disney. The film, directed by Rob Marshall & nominated for 4 Oscars, co-stars Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Colin Firth. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order over at Best Buy, but only the Blu-ray is currently listed on Amazon. Stay tuned for an update on that. There will be a Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can pre-order now and find pictured below.
Both releases will include the following bonus materials.
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca. [Digital Exclusive]
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for these upcoming releases.
The 2018 computer animated sequel “Ralph Breaks The Internet” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 26th, via Disney. The film features the voice talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Gal Gadot, Taraji P. Henson, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Alfred Molina, and Ed O’Neill.
Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with High Dynamic Range (likely in HDR10, although not specified) with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and each getting a Digital Copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both listed over at Amazon to pre-order (for the Blu-ray only so far). It’s also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release (pictured below). That can be pre-ordered now.
Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- How We Broke the Internet – Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney Animation Studios to get an in-depth look at how the filmmakers brought a world to life that billions of people visit every day but never actually see – the internet. Take a front-row seat as the team reveals the inspirations for the story and what it took to bring it to the screen. Discover all that went into developing the characters of the film including netizens like KnowsMore as well as characters like Double Dan. See the lengths the team took to create the car chase scenes in Slaughter Race and much, much more.
- Surfing for Easter Eggs – Surf the web for the near-countless Easter Eggs, inside jokes and references hidden throughout the movie.
- The Music of Ralph Breaks the Internet – Take a look at the music of Ralph Breaks the Internet with appearances by Imagine Dragons, Julia Michaels, Alan Menken, Sarah Silverman and more.
- Deleted Scenes – Five deleted scenes with intros from directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston. Scenes include Into the Internet, Opposites, Domestic Hell, Bubble of One & Recruiting “Grandma.”
- BuzzzTube Cats – Many videos were created by the animators to fill the screens of the Internet world…and lots of them are of cats! Check out the BuzzzTube to watch this hilarious cat compilation.
- Music Videos – “Zero” by Imagine Dragons and “In This Place” by Julia Michaels.
- Baby Drivers – Slaughter Racing School – Take a spin behind the wheel with the artists behind Ralph Breaks the Internet as they go to race car driving school.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the releases of this film.
The 1989 animated film “The Little Mermaid” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and getting a new Blu-ray Disc release on February 26th, via Disney. The film, directed by Ron Clements and John Musker, won a total of 2 Oscars (Academy Awards) for best music original song and best music original score. It’s also celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray tech specs come with 2160p video presented in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The Blu-ray re-release will come with 1080p video presented in the 1.78:1 aspect and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both featuring a Digital Copy of the film. The 4K is not yet available to pre-order over at Amazon yet, but the Blu-ray Disc is – perhaps mislabeled (judging from price). Stay tuned for an update on that. You can however find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available to pre-order over at Best Buy.
It is also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook 4K release, which you can already pre-order. Bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and new Blu-ray release are listed below.
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES:
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding these releases.