Tag Archives: Demián Bichir
2021 Robin Wright film Land is coming to Blu-ray in May
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Land” starring Robin Wright is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on May 11th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, produced and directed by Robin Wright, co-stars Demián Bichir, Sarah Dawn Pledge, Kim Dickens, and Warren Christie. The tech specs include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.66:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Crafting LAND – Filmmakers and cast discuss how shooting in such a beautiful but brutal location added unique challenges and a distinct authenticity.
- Robin Wright: Feature Film Directorial Debut – Director Robin Wright reveals why this project stood out from the others she considered for her feature film directorial debut, and how directing the film gave her a unique perspective on what she needed to give as an actress.
- After the Trauma – In this piece we examine the mental process Edee goes through in the aftermath of tragedy, how her pain is relatable, and why this was the perfect time to tell such an uplifting story.
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full info regarding the upcoming home video release.
2021 film Godzilla vs. Kong on 4K and Blu-ray in June
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Godzilla vs. Kong” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 15th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. This latest in the “MonsterVerse” was directed by Adam Wingard. Godzilla vs. Kong stars Alexander Skarsgård, Kyle Chandler, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, and Demián Bichir. It’s worth noting, at the time of writing this, the film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available over at Amazon, as well as at retailer Target. Stay tuned for when Amazon preorder listings go live for both versions of the film. Also, there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as a retailer exclusive over at Best Buy. It’s not yet a functional preorder and is only stating coming soon on its placeholder page. The art for that 4K SteelBook is expected to be what I’ve originally shown a bit below.
The bonus materials set to be included with both releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Director Adam Wingard
- 10 Featurettes on Blu-ray — Over an Hour of Excitement — Including:
- The Phenomenon of Gojira, King of the Monsters
- The Evolution of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
- Round One: Battle at Sea
- Round Two: One Will Fall
Stay tuned for when the studio [Warner] officially announces this release for further details. Finally, below is a glimpse at that 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook‘s artwork.
Below, after the break, you can find the cover art for the Blu-ray release of the film as well as the trailer, and finally the official announcement regarding the home video releases.
2021 film Chaos Walking is coming to 4K and Blu-ray in May
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Chaos Walking” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on May 25th via Lionsgate, according to retailers. The film, directed by Doug Liman, stars Daisy Ridley, Tom Holland, Mads Mikkelsen, Nick Jonas, Cynthia Erivo, Demián Bichir, and Ray McKinnon. The tech specs and bonus materials for the 4K and Blu-ray have not yet been detailed, as it’s awaiting an official announcement, so stay tuned for an update. It is known that the 4K and Blu-ray releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” (via the artwork) meaning that the 4K UHD Blu-ray will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with a DVD, and both will include a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and over at retailer Target. Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the trailer for this film. Again, stay tuned for an update on this release when more is known.
“The Grudge” 2020 remake on Blu-ray in March
– Commissions Earned –
The 2020 remake of the film “The Grudge“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 24th, via Sony. The film (not to be mistaken for the 2004 remake) was directed by Nicolas Pesce & produced by Sam Raimi, and stars Tara Westwood, Junko Bailey, David Lawrence Brown, Andrea Riseborough, Demián Bichir, Joel Marsh Garland, Bradley Sawatzky, Betty Gilpin, Lin Shaye, John Cho, and Jackie Weaver. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come with a digital (code) copy of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- “The Cast of the Cursed” featurette: Take an inside look at the evil that lurks behind the doors at 44 Reyburn Dr., as key creatives and cast members explore The Grudge characters and discuss their experience working with Writer/Director Nicolas Pesce.
- “Designing Death” featurette: From a slightly paler version of themselves to being completely mangled and rotted, to the incredible death scenes; like Faith Matheson’s (Lin Shaye) epic leap off of the staircase, explore the character make-up design process and the film’s visual look involved in creating the myriad of ghosts caught in the grips of the Grudge!
- “Easter Egg Haunt” featurette: Join Writer/Director Nicolas Pesce as he brings to light the plethora of hidden Easter Eggs throughout the film which are homages to the previous works in the Ju-On franchise.
- Extended Scenes & Alternative Ending Experience the scenes too disturbing for theaters, like Peter Spencer’s terrifying encounter in the attic of 44 Reyburn Dr., or the uncovering of the gruesome truth behind the Landers’ family deaths.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video release of this film. Read more
2018 horror film “The Nun” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc in December
The 2018 Corin Hardy directed horror film “The Nun“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Warner. The film, part of “The Conjuring” universe, features a cast of Demián Bichir, Taissa Farmiga, Jonas Bloquet, Bonnie Aarons, Ingrid Bisu, Charlotte Hope, and Sandra Teles. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p HD video in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound options. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials slated to be included on the release are listed below.
- A New Horror Icon
- The Conjuring Chronology
- Gruesome Planet
- Deleted Scenes
RUMOR: 2018 horror film “The Nun” is coming to Blu-ray Disc in early December
The 2018 Corin Hardy directed horror film “The Nun“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for an update. It is known that the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. The PRE-ORDER listings are available over at Amazon and Best Buy – where the release date is listed.
UPDATE: This title has now officially been announced and more info can be found here.