Tag Archives: DC Universe
The DC Universe Movie “Batman Soul of the Dragon” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 26th, 2021, via Warner Brothers Home Entertainment. The animated film, R-Rated, directed by Sam Liu and produced by Bruce Timm, features the voice talents of David Giuntoli (Batman/Bruce Wayne), Mark Dacascos (Richard Dragon), Kelly Hu (Lady Shiva), Michael Jai White (Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger), James Hong (O-Sensei), and Josh Keaton (Jeffrey Burr). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p 4K presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc both listed to preorder over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Gift Set featuring a figurine (pictured below) which is now also available to preorder over on their site.
The bonus materials set to be included with each of these releases are listed below.
- Batman – Raw Groove (New Featurette)– From the explosion of gritty cinema and kung fu to the cultural changes spreading across the U.S., we explore the early ’70s and how they inspired Batman: Soul of the Dragon.
- Producer Jim Krieg’s Far Out Highlights (New Featurette)– It’s an off-the-hook and out-of-sight supercut of one of Producer Jim Krieg’s funniest in-character appearances.
- Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Justice Society: World War II.
- Look Back: Superman: Red Son (Featurette) – Kal-El’s rocket fleeing Krypton never reaches Smallville, but instead lands in the Soviet Union, single-handedly shifting the new world order. This is the epic re-imagining of Superman’s origin story.
- Look Back: Batman: Gotham By Gaslight (Featurette) – Set against the backdrop of turn of the century Gotham, Batman is involved in a hunt for a criminal who has committed the most heinous acts of murder. This is Batman versus Jack the Ripper!
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Day of the Samurai”
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Night of the Ninja”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film (released today) and find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.
The DC Universe original TV series “Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Warner. The show stars Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby, Joivan Wade, Alan Tudyk, Matt Bomer, and Brendan Fraser. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound spanning across a 2-disc set. The release will come with a digital copy of the first season of the show. UPDATE: the Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The DC live-action TV series “Titans: The Complete First Season“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 16th via Warner. The show, as seen on the CW and DC Universe, features a cast of Teagan Croft, Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop, Ryan Potter, Alan Ritchson, Minka Kelly, Curran Walters, and Rachel Nichols. Tech specs for the Blu-ray set include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, spanning across two BD-50 discs. The Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. A digital copy of all 11 episodes in the season will be included. Bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray release are listed below.
- Raven and Robin Dark Rebirth
- The Story of Titans
- The Characters of Titans
- The Making of Titans
- Dick Grayson’s and Rachel Roth’s Dark Past
- A Look at Vigilantes Hawk and Dove
- The Identity of Titans Kory Anders/Starfire
- Gar Logan’s Journey
- Rachel’s Powers
- The Doom Patrol Meets the Titans.
- Jason Todd’s Robin
- From Comic to Live-Action Adventure
- Meet Wonder Girl
- Dick Grayson’s Dark Past
- World of Super Heroes and Vigilantes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement for this upcoming release.
The 2018 DC Extended Universe film “Aquaman” starring Jason Momoa is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Warner. The film, directed by James Wan, co-stars Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Nicole Kidman. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, without the sound format being yet specified. Stay tuned for an update on that. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both including a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc both with pre-order listings over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Going Deep Into the World of Aquaman
- Becoming Aquaman
- James Wan: World Builder
- Aqua Tech
- Atlantis Warfare
- The Dark Depths of Black Manta
- Heroines of Atlantis
- Villainous Training
- Kingdoms of the Seven Seas
- Creating Undersea Creatures
- A Match Made in Atlantis
- Scene Study Breakdowns
- Exclusive Sneak Peek of Shazam!
It’s known that there will be an exclusive Steelbook for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases over at retailer Best Buy. Also, retailer Target will be getting their own exclusive of the 4K UHD Blu-ray with a Book. Those both are now up and available for pre-order from those retailers. Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the standard releases of the film where there is no mention of the rumored Blu-ray 3D listed on retailers.
The 2018 DC Universe Movie “Reign of the Supermen” is coming to both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on January 29th, 2019 via Warner. The film features the voices of Jerry O’Connell (Superman / Clark Kent), Rebecca Romijn (Lois Lane), Rainn Wilson (Lex Luthor), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern / Hal Jordan), Jason O’Mara (Batman / Bruce Wayne), Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman), Shemar Moore (Cyborg), Christopher Gorham (The Flash), Nyambi Nyambi (Martian Manhunter), Cameron Monaghan (Superboy), Patrick Fabian (Hank Henshaw), and Tony Todd (Darkseid).
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound – likey DTS-HD MA.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Lex Luthor: The Greatest Nemesis (Featurette) – Evil Genius. Archenemy of Superman. Misunderstood hero? This documentary will look at one of the most renowned villains in literature and debate his ethics and motivations throughout his publication history and as the calculated anti-hero of Reign of the Supermen. We’ll also explore how Lex Luthor is emblematic of technology without limit, often demonstrating what effect unbridled power, resources, and influence can have on humanity. We’ll discuss the affinity for storytellers to associate Lex Luthor and with the field of science as they challenge our morals and integrity with real world issues such as cloning and what can happen if science fiction became science reality.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five – An entertaining, insightful exciting look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault: Superman: The Animated Series, “Heavy Metal”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Panic in the Sky”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for this DC Universe Movie, the Blu-ray cover art, and the official announcement about the upcoming releases.
The 2014 DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Assault on Arkham“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on September 11th via Warner. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K version is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray (with nothing new), and are listed below.
- Audio Commentary
- The Joker’s Queen: Harley Quinn
- Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Sneak Peek
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Justice League Unlimited, “Task Force X”
- Young Justice, “Infiltrator”
- Batman: The Brave the Bold, “Emperor Joker”
- The Batman, “Two of a Kind”
It’s also worth noting to fans that another DC Universe animated movie, “Batman: The Killing Joke“, will be released the same day. Finally, below after the break you can find the original trailer for the film.
The 2015 DC Universe animated film “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is going to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray (for the first time) and will also re-released on Blu-ray Disc in a “Commemorative Edition” on November 13th by Warner.
Tech specs for the 4K release will include full 2160p with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range, while audio format and configuration have yet to be detailed. Tech specs for the Blu-ray re-release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio, again with audio format and configuration yet to be detailed. If it’s any indication, the previous Blu-ray (released back in 2015) included DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The new “Commemorative Edition” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on this new “Commemorative Edition” include an all-new featurette, an all-new audio commentary, and gets all the original bonus from the previous Blu-ray (ported over), which are listed below.
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for this new “Commemorative Edition” re-release on 4K and Blu-ray, as well as the official announcement.