The 2009 film “District 9“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 13th, via Sony. The film, produced by Peter Jackson & directed by Neill Blomkamp, starred Sharlto Copley. The tech specs for 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray counterpart included along with a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE #1: This film on 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release actually feature some 4K content as well as the original Blu-ray extras and are listed below.
4K ULTRA HD BONUS MATERIALS:
- Comic-Con Extravaganza Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailers
BLU-RAY™ BONUS MATERIALS:
- Hours of Archival Special Features Including:
- Deleted Scenes
- Director’s Commentary
- The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker’s Log – Three-Part Documentary
- Metamorphosis: The Transformation of Wikus
- Innovation: Acting and Improvisation
- Conception and Design: Creating the World of District 9
- Alien Generation: Visual Effects
- Joburg from Above: Interactive Map of Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9
Further below, after the break, you can find the full info regarding this upcoming 4K release of the film.