– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2014 film “Whiplash“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 22nd, via Sony. The film, which was written & directed by Damien Chazelle, starred Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons, Paul Reiser, Melissa Benoist, Austin Stowell, Chris Mulkey, and Suanne Spoke. We can tell by the art (pictured above) that the release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. No other retailers yet have listed the title, but you can stay tuned to this post for any updates regarding this release.
UPDATE #1: This release has now been officially announced by the studio [Sony] today. The tech specs include 2160p 4K video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range along with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary with Writer/Director Damien Chazelle and J.K. Simmons
- An Evening at the Toronto International Film Festival with Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons and Damien Chazelle
- Timekeepers: Famous Drummers Discuss Their Craft and Passion for Drumming
- Whiplash Original Short Film with Optional Commentary
- Deleted Scene
- Theatrical Trailer
UPDATE #2: It turns out that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release, on the same release date. The title is now available for preorder and the art (pictured below) has now been unveiled.
Further below, after the break, you’ll soon be able to find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 4K release.
The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal. This tells the story of NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, features a supporting cast of Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Christopher Abbott, and Ciarán Hinds.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-100). Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-50). Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and a Digital Copy on each. You can pre-order the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming FIRST MAN.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
RUMOR: The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is apparently coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal – according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, co-stars Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Patrick Fugit, and Christopher Abbott. The tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not yet been detailed, as this is just a rumor at this point, but stay tuned for updates. It is known (from the artwork) that the releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film. PRE-ORDER listings are available for 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon and Best Buy. As with all rumors, take this with a “grain of salt” so-to-speak until the title is officially announced by the studio (Universal).