Tag Archives: Corey Haim
The 1987 film “The Lost Boys” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 20th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, according to retailers. The film, celebrating its 35th anniversary, directed by Joel Schumacher, starred Jason Patric, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, Alex Winter, Kiefer Sutherland, Brooke McCarter, Billy Wirth, Jami Gertz, Jamison Newlander, Dianne Wiest, Barnard Hughes, and Edward Herrmann.
Tech specs for the release appear to include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. You also can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at retailer Best Buy. It’s certainly worth noting that Best Buy will be also getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
4K UHD Disc
- Commentary by Joel Schumacher
- Commentary by Joel Schumacher
- “The Lost Boys: A Retrospective” RT: 24:00
- “Inside the Vampire’s Cave: A Director’s Vision” RT: 6:58
- “Inside the Vampire’s Cave: Comedy vs. Horror” RT: 4:44
- “Inside the Vampire’s Cave: Fresh Blood-A New Look at Vampires” RT: 4:23
- “Inside the Vampire’s Cave: The Lost Boys Sequel?” RT: 2:25
- “Vamping Out: The Undead Creations of Greg Cannon” RT: 14:02
- “The Return of Sam and the Frog Brothers: Haimster & Feldog-The Story of the 2 Coreys” RT: 4:30
- “The Return of Sam and the Frog Brothers: Multi-Angle Video Commentary by Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander” RT: 18:23
- The Lost Scenes RT: 15:16
- Lou Gramm “Lost in the Shadows” Music Video RT: 4:35
- Trailer RT: 1:26
Below, you can find a 4K [2160p] video promo trailer [just uploadeded] for the upcoming release over on YouTube.
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement from the studio about the 4K release of this film.
The 1989 film “Dream A Little Dream“ is coming to Blu-ray on March 15th via Vestron Video, distributed by Lionsgate. This will be spine number 25 in the Vestron Video “Collector’s Series” of Blu-ray releases. The film, co-written and directed by Marc Rocco, starred Jason Robards, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Piper Laurie, Meredith Salenger, and Harry Dean Stanton.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come with a digital copy of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below, including two new featurettes.
- NEW Interviews: “Young at Heart” – An Interview with Actor Corey Feldman
- NEW “When Lightning Strikes” – An Interview with Executive Producer Lawrence Kasanoff
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Stills Gallery
It turns out, there will be a “Stephen King 5-Movie Collection“ coming to the Blu-ray format on September 15th, via Paramount. This news comes via early retailer alerts. The collection includes the following TV mini-series and feature-length films:
- “The Stand” (1994 TV Mini-Series)
- “Pet Sematary” (1989)
- “Pet Sematary” (2019)
- “Silver Bullet” (1985)
- “The Dead Zone” (1983) [New to Blu-ray]
Yes, that is including one David Cronenberg directed adaptation making its debut to the HD Blu-ray format, that happens to be one of my personal favorites. That said, I am not sure if there will be an individual release of “The Dead Zone” or not. Perhaps it could be exclusive to this set? We shall hopefully soon find out, but so far there’s no sign of it listed anywhere on retailers.
The five movies will all be included on their own individual Blu-ray Discs, making it a 5-disc set. Tech specs for the discs vary from film-to-film but I’ll try to be bringing you a full list of them soon. As for the tech specs on the new to Blu-ray release of “The Dead Zone” I cannot yet speak of those, but I will however be inquiring to a direct Paramount contact next week regarding this release and other topics pertaining to it. For instance, I will also hopefully have some info as to if any bonus materials will be included for The Dead Zone. In the meantime, you can now find the Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon and Best Buy. Finally, one little note, based on the prices (as seen there at those two retailers) you can expect Amazon’s price to drop by a considerable bit, as well as be matched (via their “Pre-order Price Guarantee”). Stay tuned for further details about this upcoming release.