The 2019 Ang Lee directed Action/Sci-Fi film “Gemini Man” starring Will Smith is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 14th, 2020 via Paramount. The film co-stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen, and Benedict Wong. Tech specs for the 4K release include HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range at 60 frames per second in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. NOTE: This is the first release to feature Dolby Vision at 60fps, versus the traditional 24fps. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy of the film) included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both now available for preorder over at Amazon. It should be noted that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now available for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Alternate Opening
- Deleted Scenes
- The Genesis of Gemini Man
- Facing Your Younger Self
- The Future Is Now
- Setting the Action
- Next Level Detail
- The Vision of Ang Lee
ONLY AVAILABLE ON 4K ULTRA HD DISC
- Visual Effects Progression presented by WETA—In 60FPS, Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2001 Robert Altman directed film “Gosford Park“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 27th via Arrow Academy – a label of Arrow Video. This film won an Academy Award for best Screenplay, and its star-studded cast featured Alan Bates, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jeremy Northam, Bob Balaban, Charles Dance, Michael Gambon, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren, Clive Owen, Maggie Smith, Emily Watson, and Ryan Phillippe. Tech specs for the release include 1080p video from a brand new 2K restoration (and a 4K scan) with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This new restoration was “supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn” according to Arrow Academy. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. A list of details regarding the release and bonus materials set to be included can be found below.
- Brand new 2K restoration from a 4K scan, carried out by Arrow films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Andrew Dunn
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Robert Altman, production designer Stephen Altman and producer David Levy
- Audio commentary by writer-producer Julian Fellowes
- Brand-new audio commentary by critics Geoff Andrew and David Thompson (author of Altman on Altman)
- Introduction by critic Geoff Andrew
- Brand new cast and crew interviews recorded exclusively for this release
- The Making of Gosford Park archive featurette
- Keeping Gosford Park Authentic archive featurette
- Q&A Session with Altman and the cast
- Fifteen deleted scenes with optional Altman commentary
- Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Sheila O’Malley and an archive interview with Robert Altman