The 2019 Rob Zombie film “3 From Hell” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 15th (just in time for Halloween) via Lionsgate. The film is a sequel to Zombie’s films “House of 1000 Corpses” (2003) and “The Devil’s Rejects” (2005). The cast includes Sheri Moon Zombie, Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Emilio Rivera, Danny Trejo, Clint Howard, Richard Brake, Daniel Roebuck, and Dee Wallace. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray releases include 1080p HD in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with the same Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound mix. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film included with each. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both available for preorder now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Writer-Director Rob Zombie
- “To Hell and Back: The Making of 3 From Hell” Featurette (4-Part Documentary Available on 4K and Blu-ray Only; Part 1 Available on DVD)
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of this film.
The 1979 film “Rock ‘N’ Roll High School“ is getting a “40th Anniversary Edition” Steelbook release to Blu-ray Disc on November 19th via Shout! Factory. The film, executive produced by Roger Corman, featured a cast of P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten, Clint Howard, Dey Young, Mary Woronov, Paul Bartel, Don Steele, Dick Miller, and punk band the Ramones. Tech specs for this release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K scan of the original camera negative. UPDATE: I’ve just confirmed that audio on this release includes DTS-HD Master Audio Mono and Stereo sound. The 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Steelbook is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and directly via the Shout! Factory store. Details about the video transfer and bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
Rock ‘N’ Roll High School (40th Anniversary Edition Steelbook) Bonus Features
- NEW 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
- NEW “Class Of ’79: 40 Years Of Rock ‘N’ Roll High School” – Featuring Interviews With Director/Story Writer Allan Arkush, Co-Director/Story Writer Joe Dante, Actress P.J. Soles, Screenwriter Richard Whitley, Screenwriter Russ Dvonch, Cinematographer Dean Cundey, Editor Larry Bock, And More!
- Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush, Mike Finnell And Richard Whitley
- Audio Commentary With Allan Arkush And Actors P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
- Audio Commentary With Richard Whitley And Russ Dvonch
- Audio Commentary With Executive Producer Roger Corman And Actress Dey Young
- “Back To School: A Retrospective” With Interviews From Allan Arkush, Executive Producer Roger Corman And More
- “Staying After Class”: An Interview With Actors P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
- Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
- Interview With Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills
- Audio Outtakes From The Roxy
- Original Radio Ads And TV Spot
- Theatrical Trailer
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release of the film.