Tag Archives: Clancy Brown
Amazon Commissions Earned
“Superman: The Animated Series” will finally be officially coming to Blu-ray Disc, for the very first time, on October 26th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The release will come as “Superman: The Complete Animated Series“ (Collector’s Edition) on Blu-ray. The animated TV series ran from 1996 through 2000 and featured the voices of Tim Daly (as “Superman” / “Clark Kent”), Dana Delany (as “Lois Lane”), David Kaufman (as “Jimmy Olsen”), and Clancy Brown (as “Lex Luthor”).
The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio and a lossless sound mix, presumably in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, spanning across a 6-disc set. They’ve actually gone to some really great lengths to remaster the show, as you can read below.
“All 54 episodes have been remastered from the original 35mm Interpositive sources, giving special attention to extensive color correction, dirt and scratch clean up, and adding a grain reduction pass to create a pristine picture, all while making sure not to affect the original lines in the artwork of the animation. The audio was retransferred from the original audio masters, and the series is presented in its original aspect ratio (4×3).”
The release will come with a digital code (copy) of all three seasons of the TV series. The bonus materials set to be included on this set are listed below.
Superman: The Complete Animated Series – Enhanced Content
- Superman: Timeless Icon (New Featurette) – An all-new bonus feature, produced specifically for the remastered Blu-ray release of Superman: The Animated Series, reveals the complicated journey of the show and those who created the new mythology for The Man of Steel, as told by producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, writer Bob Goodman, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, and Tim Daly & Clancy Brown, the heralded voices of Superman and Lex Luthor, respectively.
- A Little Piece of Trivia (Featurette) – So you think you know your Superman trivia? Wait until you hear about the series’ connection to Telly Savalas! A brain teaser to entertain every Superman: The Animated Series fan!
- Superman: Learning to Fly (Featurette) – Get into the minds of the creative team behind Superman: The Animated Series as they detail the birth of this animated version of Superman and his incredible worlds. Featured speakers include producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker.
- Building the Mythology: Superman’s Supporting Cast (Featurette) – The characters around Superman get the spotlight in this in-depth look at everyone from Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White to Maggie Sawyer, Lana Lang, and Ma & Pa Kent. Producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker give viewers the inside scoop.
- Menaces of Metropolis: Behind the Villains of Superman (Featurette) – Your hero is only as good as the villains around him, and Superman: The Animated Series has a rogues’ gallery of top-grade baddies, including traditional opponents Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Toyman and Parasite, as well as new villains created for the series – like Live Wire and Luminus. Producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Paul Dini, directors James Tucker and Dan Riba and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano give us a tour of the villains.
- The Despot Darkseid: A Villain Worthy of Superman (Featurette) – Darkseid takes center stage in this examination of one of The Man of Steel’s most vicious adversaries, plus other Fourth World characters that appear in Superman: The Animated Series. The featurette includes producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami, writers Rich Fogel and Stan Berkowitz, director James Tucker and Charles Hatfield (Department of English, Cal State Northridge).
- Audio Commentaries
- Stolen Memories – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Curt Geda and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- The Last Son of Krypton – Part 1 – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Dan Riba and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- The Main Man – Part 2 – producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- Video Commentary
- Mxyzpixilated – producer Bruce Timm, producer/writer Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and moderator Jason Hillhouse.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this Blu-ray box set.
The 1994 film “The Shawshank Redemption“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 14th, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, based on the Stephen King short story and directed by Frank Darabont, starred Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton, William Sadler, Clancy Brown, Gil Bellows, Mark Rolston, James Whitmore, and Jeffrey DeMunn.
Tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as come with a digital code (copy) of the film, compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be having an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available (pictured below) which should be available for preorder soon, but already has a placeholder page.
- Audio Commentary by Frank Darabont
- Two Documentaries:
- “Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back at The Shawshank Redemption“
- “Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature”
- “The Sharktank Redemption”
- Two Storyboards: “Bogs Takes a Fall” & “New Fish Arrive”
- Photo Galleries
UPDATE: This title has now been officially announced by the studio (Warner) and you can find the full details about it below, after the break.
The 2021 film “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 13th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Tim Hill, features the voice talents of Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Rodger Bumpass, Clancy Brown, Mr. Lawrence, Carolyn Lawrence, Awkwafina, Reggie Watts, Jill Talley, and Matt Berry. And it even features a special appearance by Keanu Reeves. The tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been fully detailed but you can expect a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. No specifics yet on the sound presentation, but I expect to have an update on that soon. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning it will include a DVD and presumably a digital code (copy) of the film. You now can find the Blu-ray listed over at Amazon with a placeholder page, but it is not yet functional as a preorder. Stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Mini-Movie – I’m Urchin You To Leave
- Campfire Songs
- Agua Music Video by Tainy & J. Balvin
- How We Do Lyric Video by Snoop Dogg and Monsta X
- Krabby Step Lyric Video by Tyga, Swae Lee & Lil Mosey
- Agua Lyric Video by Tainy & J. Balvin
- Campfire Stories
- Deleted Storyboard: Wake Up
- Deleted Storyboard: Sumo Ninja
- Camp Coral Buddies
- The Ballad of SpongeBob and Patrick!
- I ♥ Camp Coral by SpongeBob SquarePants
- Camp Arts and Crafts
- Drawing the Cutest Camper Ever
- Drawing the Cutest Snail Ever
- The Amazing Stages of Animation
- But Wait…There’s S’mores!
- The Wonders of the Patty Mobile
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer or the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2020 film “Promising Young Woman” starring Carey Mulligan is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 16th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, written & directed by Emerald Fennell, co-stars Bo Burnham, Alison Brie, Adam Brody, Clancy Brown, Jennifer Coolidge, Sam Richardson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Connie Britton, Laverne Cox, and Molly Shannon. This movie has been well-received by both critics and audiences and it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes — at the time of writing this. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- A Promising Vision – Writer/Director Emerald Fennell discusses her inspirations for writing this bold, genre-bending film.
- Two-Sided Transformation – A look at why Carey Mulligan was the perfect choice to play “Cassie” and how filmmakers used wardrobe, hair, and makeup to express the balance between light and dark.
- Balancing Act – Cast members discuss their unexpected reactions to the careful balance of levity and tragedy in director Emerald Fennell’s take on female revenge.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Emerald Fennell
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer and the full announcement regarding the home video release of this film.
The 1985 film “The Bride” starring Sting and Jennifer Beals is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 25th via Scream Factory (Shout! Factory). The fantasy horror was directed by Franc Roddam, best known for directing The Who film “Quadrophenia” (1979). This film co-starred Anthony Higgins, Clancy Brown, David Rappaport, Geraldine Page, Alexei Sayle, Phil Daniels, Quentin Crisp, and Cary Elwes. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but I’ll reach out to Scream Factory and hopefully bring you an update on that later. The title is already available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this release are listed below.
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Franc Roddam
- NEW Interview With Director Franc Roddam
- NEW Interview With Actor Clancy Brown
- TV Spot