Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1997 sci-fi film “Starship Troopers“ will be getting a 25th Anniversary Edition 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release on November 1st via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Paul Verhoeven, starred Casper Van Dien, Dina Meyer, Denise Richards, Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, Clancy Brown, Patrick Muldoon, and Michael Ironside.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, just as found on the previous 2017 4K physical release. It also includes DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray counterpart included as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon. The release will include a new cast reunion, listed below.
- 4K ULTRA HD DISC
- Special Feature:
- NEW: Starship Troopers 25th Anniversary Reunion – an all-new virtual reunion featuring screenwriter Ed Neumeier and actors Casper Van Dien, Denise Richards, Dina Meyer, Clancy Brown, Michael Ironside, Jake Busey, Patrick Muldoon and Seth Gilliam
- BLU-RAY DISC™
- Special Features:
- Director and Cast Commentary
- Commentary with Paul Verhoeven and Ed Neumeier
- FedNet Mode Picture-in-Picture
- “Death From Above” Documentary
- “Know Your Foe” Bug Featurettes
- “The Spaceships from Starship Troopers” Featurette
- “FX Comparisons” Featurettes
- Storyboard Comparisons
- The Making of Starship Troopers
- Deleted Scenes
- Screen Tests
- Scene Deconstructions
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 25th anniversary physical 4K release of the film.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 Showtime TV mini-series “Dexter: New Blood” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc and limited edition Blu-ray SteelBook on March 22nd via CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. The mini-series takes place 10 years after the events at the end of the TV show “Dexter” (2006-2013). It stars Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, Jack Alcott, Julia Jones, Alano Miller, Johnny Sequoyah, and Clancy Brown.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray release of the mini-series include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 lossless surround sound, spanning across a 4-disc set. You can find the standard Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon, as well as the limited-edition Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below).
Bonus materials set to be included with both Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Why Now? – Dexter Morgan is back: Hall, Phillips and Carpenter are here to tell you what to expect.
- Dissecting DEXTER: NEW BLOOD – Deb is Back – Deb returns as Dexter’s conscience while he navigates his new life. Hall and Carpenter dive into their roles as Dexter and Deb Morgan in DEXTER: NEW BLOOD.
- Dissecting DEXTER: NEW BLOOD – The Kill Room – Get a behind-the-scenes look at Dexter’s kill room.
- All Out on the Table – Spoilers ahead! Go inside the making of DEXTER: NEW BLOOD as the cast and crew lay it all out on the table to dissect their characters; reveal exclusive behind-the-scenes moments; and break down the emotional finale
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the Blu-ray releases of the TV mini-series.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The animated TV show “The Batman: The Complete Series“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 1st, 2022 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The show, which ran from 2004 through 2008, featured the voice talents of Rino Romano, Alastair Duncan, Evan Sabara, Danielle Judovits, Kevin Michael Richardson, Mitch Pileggi, Tom Kenny, Clancy Brown, and the late Adam West. The show has been fully-remastered in HD.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray, although not yet fully detailed, should presumably include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with a lossless audio mix — likely in a 2.0 Stereo configuration — spanning across a 6-disc set. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the complete series. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- The Dark Dynasty Continues (NEW Featurette) – Explore the relationship between The Batman and his allies as he evolves from mysterious vigilante to the World’s Greatest Detective.
- Joining Forces: The Batman’s Legendary Team-Ups (Featurette) – How the series’ producers adapted the DC “Team-Up-Tales” approach from the comic books to the screen.
- The Batman Junior Detective Challenge (Quiz) – Alfred tests your detective skills with The Batman: The Complete Series challenge.
- The Batman Junior Detective Exam: Level 2 (Quiz) – Pass The Batman test of knowledge with the level 2 exam.
- Building Batman (Featurette) – Detective Ellen Yin investigates The Batman’s true identity.
- Gotham PD Case Files (Featurette) – Highly confidential profiles of The Batman’s most dastardly foes.
- New Look, New Direction, New Knight (Featurette) – Go behind the scenes to explore the development of The Batman television series.
- The Batman: Season 3 Unmasked (Featurette) – Supervising Producer Duane Capizzi talks about the animated series.
- The Batman: Season 4 Unmasked (Featurette) – A behind the scenes look into the making of Season 4.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the Blu-ray release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
“Superman: The Animated Series” will finally be officially coming to Blu-ray Disc, for the very first time, on October 26th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The release will come as “Superman: The Complete Animated Series“ (Collector’s Edition) on Blu-ray. The animated TV series ran from 1996 through 2000 and featured the voices of Tim Daly (as “Superman” / “Clark Kent”), Dana Delany (as “Lois Lane”), David Kaufman (as “Jimmy Olsen”), and Clancy Brown (as “Lex Luthor”).
The tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio and a lossless sound mix, presumably in DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo, spanning across a 6-disc set. They’ve actually gone to some really great lengths to remaster the show, as you can read below.
“All 54 episodes have been remastered from the original 35mm Interpositive sources, giving special attention to extensive color correction, dirt and scratch clean up, and adding a grain reduction pass to create a pristine picture, all while making sure not to affect the original lines in the artwork of the animation. The audio was retransferred from the original audio masters, and the series is presented in its original aspect ratio (4×3).”
UPDATE: You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
The release will come with a digital code (copy) of all three seasons of the TV series. The bonus materials set to be included on this set are listed below.
Superman: The Complete Animated Series – Enhanced Content
- Superman: Timeless Icon (New Featurette) – An all-new bonus feature, produced specifically for the remastered Blu-ray release of Superman: The Animated Series, reveals the complicated journey of the show and those who created the new mythology for The Man of Steel, as told by producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, writer Bob Goodman, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, and Tim Daly & Clancy Brown, the heralded voices of Superman and Lex Luthor, respectively.
- A Little Piece of Trivia (Featurette) – So you think you know your Superman trivia? Wait until you hear about the series’ connection to Telly Savalas! A brain teaser to entertain every Superman: The Animated Series fan!
- Superman: Learning to Fly (Featurette) – Get into the minds of the creative team behind Superman: The Animated Series as they detail the birth of this animated version of Superman and his incredible worlds. Featured speakers include producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker.
- Building the Mythology: Superman’s Supporting Cast (Featurette) – The characters around Superman get the spotlight in this in-depth look at everyone from Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White to Maggie Sawyer, Lana Lang, and Ma & Pa Kent. Producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker give viewers the inside scoop.
- Menaces of Metropolis: Behind the Villains of Superman (Featurette) – Your hero is only as good as the villains around him, and Superman: The Animated Series has a rogues’ gallery of top-grade baddies, including traditional opponents Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Toyman and Parasite, as well as new villains created for the series – like Live Wire and Luminus. Producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Paul Dini, directors James Tucker and Dan Riba and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano give us a tour of the villains.
- The Despot Darkseid: A Villain Worthy of Superman (Featurette) – Darkseid takes center stage in this examination of one of The Man of Steel’s most vicious adversaries, plus other Fourth World characters that appear in Superman: The Animated Series. The featurette includes producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami, writers Rich Fogel and Stan Berkowitz, director James Tucker and Charles Hatfield (Department of English, Cal State Northridge).
- Audio Commentaries
- Stolen Memories – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Curt Geda and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- The Last Son of Krypton – Part 1 – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Dan Riba and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- The Main Man – Part 2 – producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- Video Commentary
- Mxyzpixilated – producer Bruce Timm, producer/writer Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and moderator Jason Hillhouse.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this Blu-ray box set.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1994 film “The Shawshank Redemption“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 14th, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, based on the Stephen King short story and directed by Frank Darabont, starred Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton, William Sadler, Clancy Brown, Gil Bellows, Mark Rolston, James Whitmore, and Jeffrey DeMunn.
Tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as come with a digital code (copy) of the film, compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be having an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available (pictured below) which should be available for preorder soon, but already has a placeholder page.
The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Frank Darabont
- Two Documentaries:
- “Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back at The Shawshank Redemption“
- “Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature”
- “The Sharktank Redemption”
- Two Storyboards: “Bogs Takes a Fall” & “New Fish Arrive”
- Photo Galleries
UPDATE: This title has now been officially announced by the studio (Warner) and you can find the full details about it below, after the break.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 13th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Tim Hill, features the voice talents of Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Rodger Bumpass, Clancy Brown, Mr. Lawrence, Carolyn Lawrence, Awkwafina, Reggie Watts, Jill Talley, and Matt Berry. And it even features a special appearance by Keanu Reeves. The tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been fully detailed but you can expect a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio. No specifics yet on the sound presentation, but I expect to have an update on that soon. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning it will include a DVD and presumably a digital code (copy) of the film. You now can find the Blu-ray listed over at Amazon with a placeholder page, but it is not yet functional as a preorder. Stay tuned for an update on that. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Mini-Movie – I’m Urchin You To Leave
- Campfire Songs
- Agua Music Video by Tainy & J. Balvin
- How We Do Lyric Video by Snoop Dogg and Monsta X
- Krabby Step Lyric Video by Tyga, Swae Lee & Lil Mosey
- Agua Lyric Video by Tainy & J. Balvin
- Campfire Stories
- Deleted Storyboard: Wake Up
- Deleted Storyboard: Sumo Ninja
- Camp Coral Buddies
- The Ballad of SpongeBob and Patrick!
- I ♥ Camp Coral by SpongeBob SquarePants
- Camp Arts and Crafts
- Drawing the Cutest Camper Ever
- Drawing the Cutest Snail Ever
- The Amazing Stages of Animation
- But Wait…There’s S’mores!
- The Wonders of the Patty Mobile
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer or the film and the full announcement regarding the home video release.